Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

How many are lining up for Star Wars?

I am just curious if anyone is planning on camping out/ or lining up for this in a few weeks. I am pretty sure innerSpaceman is in front of Mann's Chinese Theatre as we speak.

As for myself, I have never camped out, but for Episodes I and II, we saw the midnight showing at the largest AMC theater we could find and it was always awesome. For episode 1, there was something like 3000 people at our 25 screen stadium theater and every seat in the auditorium we were in was packed to the hilt. It was a truly amazing experiance and I think everyone should do it once in their lives, everyone gasping and cheering at the same time, I get the chills just thinking about it.

Since we have moved, the largest theater we have is 14 screens and it is pretty decent, just not as large as we are used to. I was considering driving to Omaha (about 4 hours away) to see it at an AMC 25 there, but I read today that tickets are already being sold out, so maybe I will just stick to my trusty Century 14.

Ok, so enough rambling- how many die hards are out there and what are your plans for May 19th?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

Not me. I'll see the movie just to say that I've seen all the movies in the theatre on first release, but I'm really over Star Wars and have lost faith in GL.

But in fairness, I've never camped out for a movie premiere and don't forsee a time when I would want to.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• wasting time

Well, innerSpaceman has been visiting 'the line' but not spending much time there lately. A problem came up when the day our buddies at LiningUp.Net began lining up for the new movie, word got out that Lucas signed a contract to have the new film play exclusively at the Arclight (Circarama Dome) theater for a full month, blocking the film from Grauman's Chinese. The group's divided on where to see the movie when it opens and until that issue is resolved iSm won't be spending too much time there.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    That sucks! I just remembered him mentioning he was gonna be camping out.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• wasting time

He was looking forward to spending alot of his spare time there but now with the movie playing at another theater, the whole idea appears to him as some pathetic attempt to re-live 'the good ol days'.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    Well, innerSpaceman has been visiting 'the line' but not spending much time there lately. A problem came up when the day our buddies at LiningUp.Net began lining up for the new movie, word got out that Lucas signed a contract to have the new film play exclusively at the Arclight (Circarama Dome) theater for a full month, blocking the film from Grauman's Chinese. The group's divided on where to see the movie when it opens and until that issue is resolved iSm won't be spending too much time there.
    Ah, the old days of film distribution and especially in Los Angeles. One was forced to go to Hollywood for a first run film for at least 4-6 weeks and sometime 1 - 2 years during its roadshow/reserved seat engagement. Hollywood (and downtown LA) has some of the most superb movie palaces still in existence with huge screens and state of the art projection.

Considering that the Cinerama Dome (not Circarama) was totally rennovated in recent years I think a limited engagement would be a good thing. It's always been one of the best places to see a first run film. (Mad, Mad World, Grand Prix, Camelot, Khartoum, Ice Station Zebra, Lawrence of Arabia, etc.)

•   
    • Minion

Well this is the occasion where advanced tickets come in handy... I remember purchasing advance tickets to Empire Strikes Back and dressing up as a Jedi to see it in San Jose... Ah, those where the days... Then you had to go through Bass/Ticketron to get a seat... It seemed better than camping out...
    Check out my other blog:

• Puppy Cuddles

My boyfriend and I are getting tickets to the midnight showing. We're going to watch episodes one and two, then go line up a couple hourse before and see episode three, then come home and watch the original trilogy. How nerdy are we. I've been doing little outside of schoolwork and playing my star wars video games in anticipation. Which theatres in Orange County are you guys going to. There's no way I'm heading to LA on any day other than Sunday. I don't do those evil freeways? I'd like to go to the Block, cuz that's a really nice theatre. At least nicer than the AMC in Fullerton.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Greetings, Program!

I doubt I'll see this one opening night. I've stopped being there opening day since Phantom Menace. While I still want to see this movie, the magic's kind of ebbed for me. I'm glad it's the last one.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• -Going Retro-

We plan to see the midnight showing but thats as far as I go for lining up to see a movie

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    Which theatres in Orange County are you guys going to.
    For me, the ONLY theater in Orange County to see a big wide screen epic is the BIG Newport. I believe it still has the largest screen and more seats than any other single screen theater there and you actually have a curtain that opens and closes for each showing.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    For me, the ONLY theater in Orange County to see a big wide screen epic is the BIG Newport. I believe it still has the largest screen and more seats than any other single screen theater there and you actually have a curtain that opens and closes for each showing.
    Last time I was there, it was for X Men 2. Not a bad theatre.

I'll probably catch Sith at the same place as the last two SW flicks....Irvine Spectrum.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'll see it after it's been out a while. But I do plan to see it in the theatres. I have only been to opening day for a few movies- Fellowship and Return of the King- saw Two Towers on day two.

• șoș Tom șoș

Oh man we are claiming pavement in front of the Imax Theatre in Irvine at the Spectrum. We bring TVs and will watch the other 5 and play games and bring foods and stuff----so much fun!!!!

• Just this guy......

I'll be at the bridge theaters over by LAX

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast