• Circle of Ancients

Tower of Tower Twilight Zone Episode?!?!?

Does ANYBODY know the name of the twilight zone episode that TOT is based from??

They are having their annual maration on Sci-Fi and we are trying to make sure we don't miss it.

Thanks in advance.

• Banned User

Re: Tower of Tower Twilight Zone Episode?!?!?

I'm watching the marothon also!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Um, there isn't one per se. TOT was a 'lost episode' created uniquely for the ride experience. There is not an episode where it stars in its totality.

However, the monologue intro in the library, is carved from several episodes, digitally connected for that specific narration.

There was a special made, television movie with Kirsten Dunst and Steve Guttenberg, aptly named "the Tower of Terror," that had NOTHING to do with the Twilight Zone.

I'm going off the top of my head here. If I know any more details, I'll let you know!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Still wants to be a cat!

You are completely correct Roo......So sir clinksalot, you can quit searching, the episode your looking for can't be found!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• And, THEN she said...

Im watching it too! never miss it!

ok.. what is your favorite twilight zone?

theyve alreadly shown a few of mine..

like the one with the slot machiene following the old man around....FRANKLIN! FRAAANNNKLIN!

my others (small list)

Jess-Belle
    come wander with me
    talking tina
    the one where Mickey Rooney is the jockey busted for horse doping
    Billy Mumy as the monster
    the one where Burgess Meridith is the bookworm who gets all the time to read he wants when the world ends (reminds me of me) LOL
    the dollhouse
    and the one where where i think Robert Redford is death and comes for that old woman..I just hope when death comes for me he looks like Capt Jack LOL

soo which ones are your faves?

• Banned User

My favorite has to be the one where Ben is from another planet.

• white and nerdy

I worked the Tower of Terror in Disney World.

Roo is right except for this part:
    However, the monologue intro in the library, is carved from several episodes, digitally connected for that specific narration.
    All Rod Serling diaologe is done by an actor named Mark Silverman. (Hundreds of folks auditioned for the part but Mark was chosen for the role by Rod Serling's widow who made the final selection after listening to him on audio tape.)
    The only time when Rod Serling's voice is his own is when you actually see him and he says, "Tonight's episode on the Twilight Zone is somewhat unique, and calls for a different kind of introduction. This as you may recognize is a" This is from the episode It's a Good Life where the young boy can change the world according to his whim. (the original words are "This, as you may recognize, is a map of the United States") The remainder of the ride's speech is the actor.

There is also references to the Little Girl Lost episode. The "Twilight room" in Florida is based off of the place the little girl fell into through the wall. In California, the upper line inside the boiler room has a strange marking on the wall, the same as the marking the helpful neighbor makes that indicates the door to the fifth dimension. If you listen you can hear the girl say, "Help Me! Help me!"

Plus lots of the props and small details in the line and after the ride is over comes from episodes.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• white and nerdy

In fact, A Good Life looks like it's next on the marathon.... yay!!!
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks everybody. I had always heard that the ride was based from an actual episode.

I'll stop looking.

• Monorail Racer

That's just something a CM told a guest to drive 'em crazy hunting for the episode.

I've always thought it was really well done. The narrative is great.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Thanks TGel, for the clarification. I knew that the words started from something I'd heard, but didn't follow...and these days of digital this-and-that, figured it was cut and pasted.

What I didn't know is that you WORKED TOT! Not just the cool avatar! Tell us more!

And I did know about the door to the fifth dimension. When we were on the queue in Cali, I glanced over and it took a moment to process. I leaned in, and sure enough, you can hear crying.

Thanks for the info.
    Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

There was a special made, television movie with Kirsten Dunst and Steve Guttenberg, aptly named "the Tower of Terror," that had NOTHING to do with the Twilight Zone.
    And it was made mainly to plug and build up the hype for the then new attraction at MGM.