The Devil wears Prada, never see a movie twice, this is an exception

Okay so I will never see a movie twice in theatres but I did for the Devil Wears Prada. It is such a cute movie. I love it. and the soundtrack is awesome. does anyone agree that this movie is really good?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: The Devil wears Prada, never see a movie twice, this is an exception

I haven't seen it yet, but I really am interested in this movie! It looks great!

Glad you had a good experience with it. I'd be interested to see what other MC'ers thought of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Super saucy pixie!

Yeah I liked it! Cute film. I found it was a bit on the predictable side, but for the most part a sweet film!

• Ok time for cocoa

Yes I liked it. I'am a fan of Ann.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I saw it last night and liked it okay but the book was SO much better. The story changed too much and took out some of the very best scenes that I'd have loved to see Anne Hathaway perform. She was so perfect for that role, though, and lots of laughs throughout.

If you are a reader, I highly recommend reading the book, even after seeing the movie. It's that good!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• done

Absolutely loved the film. I've not been a fan of Meryl Streep in many years, but she was great in this. I love that she was the "devil" because of what she did and said, not because she screamed. Her most cutting remarks were said very quietly and calmly, and her absolutely most dismissive comment was said very matter-of-factly, but every time she said it, it was devastating for the person that she said it to. Even though the film is set in the world of fashion, that kind of boss can be found in every industry, and I know some examples myself of people like her in the field in which I work. I've never read the book, and I've heard that her character was changed somewhat, so I'm curious to read the original. I have, heard, however, that the book is much more one-sided. I liked the development in Andy's character.

There were a couple scenes that pulled me out of the film because I just kept thinking how difficult that part of the shoot must have been, with all the setups for very short scenes and a ton of costume changes and prop changes.

Loved the girl who played the first assistant - just the right mix of everything. Liked Anne Hathaway ok, but I don't think I remember her having HUGE lips - but then I think the bright red lipstick accented that. Really liked Stanley Tucci - haven't seen him in a while, but he's always good.

There was one line during a very quiet, very important scene that wouldn't have really had any impact on most people but which I personally found hysterical, so it was incredibly difficult not to burst out laughing at that point. My husband and our friend thought it was funny to be sitting next to me at that point because they appreciated the line as well.

There was a difficult transition for me before the movie started. One of the trailers they showed was for "World Trade Center". If I'm at a movie and they show the trailer again, I may end up just leaving the theatre until that trailer is over. I have no interest in seeing the movie itself, but the trailer brought back too many memories of that day, so that I had to try extremely hard not to be sobbing out loud at the end of the trailer. Luckily, they showed a few more trailers before they started the film, so I had some transition time. I don't agree with showing that trailer before a film that's a comedy to some degree. I can see showing that trailer before a more serious film.

• World Traveler

I liked this movie as well. Miranda's character reminded me a lot of Cruella De Ville. I wonder who is more evil?

• Banned User

I am anxious to see this, and I loved monster in law, so if this is as good then I will buy it. ( monster in law was hilarious!!!

• Senior Minion

I really liked this movie, true it was nothing like the book, but it was great. Meryl Streep was the perfect ice witch, and she didn't yell and scream like most bosses like her would, but was calm and collected.
    Anne was good, too. When I first read the book, I could see her as Andrea.
    I'd kill for some of those outfits, but I couldn't even afford the knock-offs they talked about in various articles.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I still need to see this.

• Directly directed

Loved it!
    favorite line: "Will that fit me?" "So crisco and fishing wire and we're in buisness"
    Laughed hysterically all the way through it. Now I'm off to go see Dead man's chest

yes its such a great movie. ann hatheway is like my new favorite actress. I think I might just have to go see it for the third time.