• dreams do come true

Just saw the midnight showing and?

I thought it was AWSOME. what better way to end a movie then to have you wanting to see the 3rd one right now. Movie was long but kept going very well. So to the rest of you dihards out there. What did you think?

Re: Just saw the midnight showing and?

Honestly throughout the whole movie I couldn't stop thinking how dissapointed i was, it just was NOTHING like the first. the style was quite different and it was all about gags for the entire first half of the movie. However, the end totally made up for it and it was awsome, but if you are expecting the realism, and great writing from the first film, you wont get it. But yes, AMAZING end. Btw, did anyone stay after the credits, I didn't I want to know if anything happened after them like in the first film... OH the thing at the beginning with the castle and fireworks was super kool too, oh done now... ha ha

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper S
    So to the rest of you dihards out there.
    What's a "dihard"?

Reviews haven't been too good for this movie but how could they live up to the hype anyway? Special effects are said to be great though. I think I will leave the midnight showings to you "dihards" and wait for the DVD.

Saw it. The bit about Davy Jones... I don't know. Much of the plot feels contrived.

I went expecting action, swashbuckling, and pretty people on screen. It delivered that.

I hate cliff-hanger endings though it was dramatic and entertaining. By the time the next movie comes out I'll have forgotten the drama and excitement and I'll have to build up for the movie from ground zero.

Very entertaining and I loved Keira's costume when she's in mens' pirate clothes. White shirt, knee-length burgundy vest, bell-bottom pants and boots.

Oh, yeah. That works.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Banned User

davy jones and the kracken brought back memories of 20000 legues under the sea. i don't want to give plots away but there are scenes where the films are similar.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I think the movie is awesome, and in my personal opinion better than the first movie in many ways.

Yes, the style for the movie is quite different (it's more dark and satirical), but for the situation and to keep the story going I think it needed to be...otherwise it would have felt to be forced out. The movie went more into the reality of what life was like back then, whereas the first movie somewhat glamourized it.

• Practically Perfect

Amazing. The effects, the cinematography, the score, the performance, the editing, the writing. Anyone who studies film or has a remote appreciation for the art will tell you it was great (yes, I know, bold claim). But, as with a movie of this size (or any movie for that matter) there will be those who just don't like it for some reason or another. Their loss. I can't wait to see it again! (I SO called the ending too!)

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy
    Btw, did anyone stay after the credits, I didn't I want to know if anything happened after them like in the first film
    the dog is being worshiped by the tribal people, totally not worth the 3 hours of credits you are forced to sit through!!

I thought it was long, tedious at some points, highly entertaining at others and way too much 20,000 Leagues-ish at the end.

Overall, I'd give it a B-minus. I just didn't find it nearly as entertaining as the first one.

But it's obviously going to be the movie of the year!

• Minion

Blog Entries

any one notice all of the little dirty jokes johnny added....like the comment about his vison being fine.......

or "4....maybe 3 1/2"
    or "thres nothing wrong with my compass..." zoom out to a strgetically placed cannon.......

silly people, I CAUGHT ON!

• Future Indy Castmember

It was better than the 1st. But the ending had me confused. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

-"Why's the rum always gone?" MasterChief117

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

The neding did confuse me too. I can't wait for the 3rd one to see you know who from the ending.