Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Here is interesting news about a new line of

toys from Disney and Gentel Giant coming soon. It will called "The Disney Dragons" and will consist of the 8 Dragons of Disney Feature Films. The First will be Malificent as her Dragon Self, coiled around a castle and you can just see Prince Phillip's red cape hanging off the bridge. A great looking figure. The second one will a totally new take of Elliot, from Pete's Dragon. He looks like the Elliot we know, and Pete will also be inlcuded in the diormama scene, but Elliot has a much different look now. The third will be Mushu, who has also been buffed up just a tad, and look great. What they remaining Dragons will be, are not mentione yet. The first one (Malificent) is due out this Fall, and the remaing 7 figures will be out during the 2007.

Ok, can anybody figure out what the remaining dragons of Disney will be? I can think of Mad Madem Mim and The Reluctant Dragon, but can't think of the last two. There will be no repeats, each dragon will only be done once. So I guess the total line to collect will be 8 figures. And these are not going to come cheap as Gentle Giant is the best sculpter group for toys in the world. These are not Action Figures, these are diorama statues and set displays, not really toys. The pictures of the prototypes of the first three are in the latest issue of Toyfare that just hit the stands this week.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Here is interesting news about a new line of

Is there an online link to any pictures of these?

• Minion

I hope Disney puts Figment in the line. Make his cult following larger...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

I will scan the pictures from the magazine in later tonight and add them to this thread. We did find out that the 8 dragons are all going to be based on Animated Features. Apparently, at least for now, there will be no live action movies Dragonslayer/Reign of Fire) or TV series. We did figure out by a process of elimintion they will be Malificent, Elliot and Mushu as the first wave. Malificent will be the end of this year and the other two will be the first or middle part of next year. We think the rest will be made up of: Mad Madame Mim, The Reluctant Dragon, the 7 headed dragon from Hercules and Pretty Jane, the Komodo Dragon from Rescueres Down Under. But that is only guess work at this point. I will post those pictures later.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

this sounds cool!!!

Well, something new has been added. The price. Malificent is now being offered on Big Bad Toy Store dot Com for pre-order. The scheduled shipping date is Feb 2007. The list price is $299.99 but their discounted price is $269.99. So these will be way out of my price range. I kind of thought they would be high priced, but this is way high. I will post pictures of the first three either later tonight, or most likely tomorrow as I have things to do tonight (my TV went bye bye last night and I have to jury rig a small B&W portable TV until a freind can bring me over an extra big TV he has and doesn't use, but that will take about two weeks). Anyway, tomorrow I will put the pictures up. The one thing I can say now after seeing the product is that Malificent Dragon is a lot more scary and vicious looking than something you think coming from Sleeping Beauty, but it is very neat.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Princess of my own world

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...88&mode=retail

That's the link to the toy store and the Malificent dragon. Just thought I'd help out.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

Here is the scan of the Maleficent figure:

Here is Elliott and Pete:

And here is the Mushu Maquette of a work in progress:

These are all prototypes and the final product may differ from these pictures. No price points have been given other than Maleficent which lists for $299.95 but is discounted to $269.95 through some on line outlets. If I find anything more, I will add to the post.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Shablagoo!

I posted a thread on "Disney Dragonkind" too. They are cool aren't they. Thanks for posting the pictures. They got a really cool logo too which you can see here. http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/news/?id=44&archived=0

One nice thing is that they are going to be making other items besides the statues which will hopefully be cheaper, like snow globes and book ends. We will probably find out more at San Diego COmic con

They do look fantastic, but I just can't afford that kind of money while trying to live on a fixed income.

I also love the McFarlane Dragon figures. They are much less in cost, fantastic creatures of legend and they are up to set 4 already, with 5 regular blister pack dragons and 1 deluxe boxed dragon per set. There are 6 clans, so each dragon clan will have a big boxed figure. I have them all so far.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Thanks for the links and the scans. Those are really something.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing those are great!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

That Maleficent figure is really sharp! Love it!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I also love the McFarlane Dragon figures. They are much less in cost, fantastic creatures of legend and they are up to set 4 already, with 5 regular blister pack dragons and 1 deluxe boxed dragon per set. There are 6 clans, so each dragon clan will have a big boxed figure. I have them all so far.
    They are good figures aren't they. I collect them as well, not all of them, jsut the ones I think are cool. I'm looking forward to set 4.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I like the Elliot one! I aways felt he was a majorly underrated character. I totally need to get Pete's Dragon on DVD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast