• Incognito

Blog Entries

Kathy Griffin live - awesome!

I LOVE Kathy Griffin, always have. I finally got to see her show last night at the Wiltern. OH MY GOD!!! She is so much funnier live that's for sure!

Lots of "the gays" of course were there so that was fun And we had awesome seats. In fact in the row in front of us were her mom and dad, and the guy that was on Will and Grace that played one of Wills friends that had a partner and they adopted a baby, he was right in front of me. Then in the row next to us was Michael McDonald from Mad TV fame (and his "special friend" who was CUTE!) and Kim Coles, along with Kathys personal trainer that she had on this season (nice looking from the neck down - I'm just sayin'). As we left I put my hand on Kathys moms shoulder and said "You have an amazing daughter" and she looked up and smiled and said "OH thank you so much, that's so nice". What a sweetie.

Anyway if you ever get the chance to, go see her. I know she isn't everyones cup of tea but I like her because she's honest, and she's a huge activist for my kind

• Newbie.

Re: Kathy Griffin live - awesome!

I love Kathy Griffin, but have never seen her in person...what a treat for you ONut
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I like her too. I watch her show a lot on Bravo. I loved the episode where she was in Iraq with Micheal McDonald from MADtv. I am a big fan of his.

I remember her appearance on the Seinfeld episode .
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 07-15-2006 at 10:17 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

My Mom was on the "Rosie" cruise last week and saw her. She said she was hilarious.

• My cuties!

I'm so glad you had a good time!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    I LOVE Kathy Griffin, always have. I finally got to see her show last night at the Wiltern. OH MY GOD!!! She is so much funnier live that's for sure!

Lots of "the gays" of course were there so that was fun And we had awesome seats. In fact in the row in front of us were her mom and dad, and the guy that was on Will and Grace that played one of Wills friends that had a partner and they adopted a baby, he was right in front of me. Then in the row next to us was Michael McDonald from Mad TV fame (and his "special friend" who was CUTE!) and Kim Coles, along with Kathys personal trainer that she had on this season (nice looking from the neck down - I'm just sayin'). As we left I put my hand on Kathys moms shoulder and said "You have an amazing daughter" and she looked up and smiled and said "OH thank you so much, that's so nice". What a sweetie.

Anyway if you ever get the chance to, go see her. I know she isn't everyones cup of tea but I like her because she's honest, and she's a huge activist for my kind
    I have been to see her when she was at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood about 10 times -- she does a slightly different show every time, and she is REALLY great live! Very funny. One night she went over three hours, non-stop, and then realized the time, and wrapped up, after ... just one more story. She just had so much to say, and I love every chance I get to see this wonderful, funny, lady.

• Neep meep beep

Plus, the tickets at the Laugh Factory are 10 bucks ... how can you beat that? I strongly recommend seeing her if you get the chance. I believe her website has all of her tour dates -- go!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I would love to see her live. I see her specials and have watched some of her show on Bravo and I just about fall out of my chair laughing every time. I love how she talks about the "A" list celebs... just shows they're far from the perfect image they try to project.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I am really bummed that I missed her live! i LOVE HER!!! I've been trying to save up some $$ for the October trip, so I completely resisted buying tickets. I'd definitely go check out her show at the Laugh Factory...10 bucks?!?! I'll keep my eye out for that!
    <o>

I love her too! We didn't buy tickets because we didn't know they would put seats in the Wiltern. We saw Rufus Wainwright and Ben Folds there last summer and it was awesome but standing room only. I mean it makes sense that they would put chairs in for a stand-up act, but we weren't sure if there'd be chairs and assigned seats. I'm 5'1 so if we don't get there early and get to the front of a tier then it's blah for me. Well I'm glad someone on the board got to go! How did you get such good seats?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    My Mom was on the "Rosie" cruise last week and saw her. She said she was hilarious.
    I saw Kathy on a talk show a few weeks ago (Jimmy Kimmel maybe) talking about how she had to do the Rosie cruise and it was a family thing so she was scared about her potty mouth. I wonder how she did with that.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

My bf got tix when he was at the Wiltern about a month ago and I guess his flirting paid off with the guy in the ticket booth - lol. But yes they did have chairs all set up and all numbered. It kinda looked like a school play as those were the types of chairs, only padded

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Sounds like fun!
    Lance Bass mighta been there too!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Sounds like fun!
    Lance Bass mighta been there too!
    Close, he was there the night before on Thursday. Sorry LB.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Close, he was there the night before on Thursday. Sorry LB.
    Sorry for you, no chance to squeeze his butt

Thanks for the info, though, I wasn't sure what night he went. (Or really that there was more than one show or anything!)
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...