• Pirate

Pirates 2 Questions

*SPOILER ALERT*

OK, I felt the same way as everybody else that the movie felt like it was made just to fill the gap to the last one. I walked out saying "Back to the Future Pt. 2", but "Empire Strikes Back" is better.

Now I have a few questions.
    1. How is Barbosa still alive, or alive again?
    2. Since Will saw Elizabeth kiss Jack and she is obviously very upset that he is gone, why would Will want to help find Jack?
    Last edited by dantheman; 07-15-2006 at 09:57 PM.
    Keep to the code.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Pirates 2 Questions

Other posters said that in the first movie the spell was never broken because none of the pirates died (Except for the one that got blown up) in the end.

Will wants to find Jack because he needs to bring Jack back to the government so he won't be arrested. Then he can marry Miss Swan.

I believe Jack said that if Will helped him find the key to the Dead Mans Chest, Sparrow would come back with Will. But now with Sparrow in the stomach of a dragon, Will wants to free Jack and turn him over to authorities if I am not mistaken.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

/\ the Krakken is not a dragon. (Sorry I had to correct you.)

And some also say that Tia Dalma (Is that her last name) brought Barbossa back. Cause if anyone noiced she had him in that hut when jack gave her the monkey.

As to Will. I really can't say maybe its to smack Jack around a few times.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I think they all just miss Jack. Will may also still be interesting in freeing his father in some manner or the other.

I think Elizabeth is more upset about Jack being right (her doing something selfish) and being the person soley responsible for Jack's death.

• Pirate

I think you are right about Elizabeth.

I also think Tia Dalma has something to do with all of it. Did you notice the heart shaped locket on her table was just like the lock on the chest and the music box that put Jones back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    I think they all just miss Jack. Will may also still be interesting in freeing his father in some manner or the other.

I think Elizabeth is more upset about Jack being right (her doing something selfish) and being the person soley responsible for Jack's death.
    Keep to the code.

• Former Epcot CM

Tia Dalma brought Barbossa back with voodoo. You can notice his boots when the monkey is first let out in her cabin and runs to him.

Barbossa is needed because he has died and been resurrected - Jack has died, and Barbossa is needed to help in the resurrection. Plus, he's a fine fine captain.

Dunno about the Will thing!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman
    1. How is Barbosa still alive, or alive again??
    Geoffrey Rush has a great agent.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman
    2. Since Will saw Elizabeth kiss Jack and she is obviously very upset that he is gone, why would Will want to help find Jack?
    Will wants to kiss him too

• Princess of my own world

I agree with the others about Barbossa. The curse was lifted once all hte pieces with the blood were put back in the chest. So only the monkey's affected because all the pieces were returned then he took one out.

The whole Jack thing is that everyone does miss him, he was their Captain. I'm not sure where they're taking the whole Elizabeth and Jack thing, but if you notice when they're searching for hte chest with the compass on land, Elizabeth looks to Jack then back to the compass she's holding and it's pointing to him. I don't think Elizabeth loves Jack, but loves what he has...freedom. I'm sure there will be plenty of confrontation between Will and Elizabeth regarding the relationship with Jack.

Also Will promised to save his dad, so he has to fulfill that. But when Tia first meets Will she says he's a "child of destiny" so who knows what that could lead to in the third film.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

They don't tell us what Elizabeth is asking when the compass points to Jack. I thought she was asking who was responsible for Will's captivity on the Dutchman.

I just want to see more of Tia Dalma in movie III.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Princess of my own world

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    They don't tell us what Elizabeth is asking when the compass points to Jack. I thought she was asking who was responsible for Will's captivity on the Dutchman.

I just want to see more of Tia Dalma in movie III.
    But the compass is said to point to the thing your heart desires most. That's why Jack was having trouble with the compass earlier because he wasn't sure what he wanted, especially after finding out about Will and Elizabeth's arrest. So he gives the compass to Elizabeth and tells her the elaborate story about how the compass points to what she desires most and she should desire the chest because that's the only way to save Will. She even asks, after Jack tells her about the compass, that her heart's desire is to find Will and he corrects her saying 'no no it's the chest to save dear William'. *shrugs* I can't wait to see the movie a 2nd time to make sure I have everything straight.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Apparently at one time the sutitle of Calypso's Fury was going to be used instead of Dead Man's Chest. Based on that some believe that Calypso is Davy Jones' lover and that based on the lockets Calypso is also Tia Dalma.

I really think I need to see the film again to catch all of the little things.

• Traveler to the south

I think Tia Dalma is the lover that broke Davy Jones's heart.
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike