• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Radio Disney Totally 10th Birthday Concert 7/22/06

Is anyone else going to the show? I'm taking my 6-year old niece, this'll be her third time seeing Aly & AJ perform (including their legendary Club Buzz multi-show stand) so she's quite excited.

Jesse McCartney, Bowling For Soup, The Cheetah Girls, Aly & AJ and Everlife to Perform at Radio Disney's 10th Birthday Concert

BURBANK, Calif., April 27 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of its 10th birthday, Radio Disney will present a star-studded concert on Saturday, July 22, 2006 (starting at 7:00 p.m.) at the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim in Anaheim, California.

This Radio Disney Totally 10 Birthday Concert will feature hot artists including Jesse McCartney, Bowling For Soup, The Cheetah Girls, Aly & AJ and Everlife! Tickets will be available starting on Saturday, May 6, 2006 at noon through Ticketmaster at ticketmaster.com and through Radio Disney at RadioDisney.com. Kids and families are welcome to this "all ages" celebration.

"Radio Disney has achieved a milestone 10 years on the air, and we're celebrating with a superstar-studded concert featuring Radio Disney's hottest artists," said Robin Jones, Vice President, Radio Disney Programming. "We're excited to bring our listeners and favorite artists together for one night to celebrate music, families and Radio Disney."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Radio Disney Totally 10th Birthday Concert 7/22/06

Hope you had fun...

I was there. Would you agree with me... there was no way that place was sold out. It was full, but when you see a seat empty in just about every row of every section it's a dead giveaway that over 50% of the place was a comp.

I think the Mice Agers dropped the ball... this would've been a heck of show to do a write up on.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Radio Disney Totally 10th Birthday Concert 7/22/06

^Yes, it was a typical radio station concert (not counting a KROQ or KCRW crowd). Many empty non-sold seats, many comp seats to clients, sponsors, staff, etc. Stage design allowed for many seats to be excluded from on-sale availability, didn't really matter for the scripted crowd and stage shots they got. For Disney Channel and Radio Disney purposes it was fine, it's a rare large-scale setting for captive already loyal audience "mesage" saturation - the numerous promos (recorded & live) for the current and upcoming product - series/DCOM/specials/CDs/DVDs/merchandise/concert tours
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006