Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Off to Neverland

Cool Re: How did Davy Jones become half human and half sea creature? This may contain SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    I didn't notice it in the first viewing but in the second I picked up on it. Davy has the same locket as Tia Dalma. She wears it around her neck and we see it on top of his organ. It plays his lullabye.

I mention this because if Tia is the one Davy fell in love with it could be he was human at the time they were together... and only after he cut out his heart did he become what he is in the movie.

I totally saw that too and was thinking the same thing!!!
    Hm...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: How did Davy Jones become half human and half sea creature? This may contain SPOILERS

Did you know that it took two weeks for animators to animate five frames of Davy Jones' Octopus beard? And they had to to that for several hundred frames of film.

• oh bugger

Re: How did Davy Jones become half human and half sea creature? This may contain SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Did you know that it took two weeks for animators to animate five frames of Davy Jones' Octopus beard? And they had to to that for several hundred frames of film.
    Ok, let's see. On average about 24 frames per second, 2 weeks for 5 frames, thats 9.6 weeks for one second of on screen film. Since Davy was only a minor character he probably wasn't on screen much right?

Let's say he was only on screen in POTCMC for half an hour. Fairly modest considering how lengthy the film was and Davy being a fairly major character. So, 9.6 weeks for a second, thats 67.2 days for a second. Isn't that 4032 days for a minute? 11 years per minute? hmm.

I imagine that several frames of difficult to render footage could have taken several weeks to complete, but no way was 5 frames in 2 weeks an average. Considering they would of had to complete thousands of frames, not just hundreds.

10 minutes of footage would equal over 14,000 frames. Just a thought.

Ive noticed this the more times Ive seen the movie and it becomes more apparent each time. When Tia Dalma is telling the story she gets all emotionaly when she is telling Davy's story. Just look at the way she acts and talks about the girl Davy fell for. And when Gibbs suggests he heard it was the sea he fell in love with, she almost seems offended. She seems to be talking about herself in my opinion. I could be wrong but after seeing it several times it looks right to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12