Do the Walt Disney Company own tokyo disneyland?

Hi, I ws just wondering if the walt disney company own tokyo disneyland? There is no mention of it on their corporate website, it also says they own Disneyland Paris but I thought that was owned by a sub-division called Eurodisney?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Do the Walt Disney Company own tokyo disneyland?

The Tokyo Disney Resort and every Disney Store in Japan is wholly owned and operated by Oriental Land Company (OLC). The Oriental Land Company leases the rights to the Disney name and characters, is contractually obliged to operate the "Disney way", and Walt Disney Imagineering has the exclusive contract for the parks and attractions. The Oriental Land Company also owns several other companies, some which help to operate the Tokyo Disney Resort.

Disneyland Resort Paris is also not owned wholly by the Walt Disney Company. The Resort is owned by Euro Disney S.C.A., a publicly traded corporation that the Walt Disney Company own 39.8%, the majority share, Prince Alwaleeb of Saudi Arabia owns 10% and the rest is minority interests. The structure of the corporation essentially makes it apart of Parks and Resorts, but Euro Disney SCA also created Val d'Europe, a shopping and living center near the Resort. While I have found no conclusive evidence to support this claim, I have seen mention that the Walt Disney Company directly owns no stock in Euro Disney SCA, but instead through a wholly owned subsidiary based the Netherlands.

Hong Kong Disneyland is a joint venture between the Walt Disney Company and the government of Hong Kong.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Do the Walt Disney Company own tokyo disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by tito
    Hi, I ws just wondering if the walt disney company own tokyo disneyland? There is no mention of it on their corporate website, it also says they own Disneyland Paris but I thought that was owned by a sub-division called Eurodisney?
    They do however market Tokyo Disneyland through their website's destinations pages... You can also travel there via DVC...

The web page to Tokyo DL has an external website to go.com... you can find it via http://www.disney.co.jp

It is kinda fun seeing movie ads in kanji...
    Check out my other blog: