• Minion

SOCAL SHAG FANS! Ya got a stage play now!

http://shagwithatwist.com/

A play based on characters in Shag's art! HOW COOL IS THIS?!?!?
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Saw it!

And it was a GREAT show! It was like watching one of his paintings come to life. I spoke with the house manager during intermission, and rumor is that Shag likes to drop in and watch the show up in the booth every now and again. Just be aware it is technically a ballet (but to schwanky '60s music in schwanky sixties cocktail clothes and everyone is wearing crazy molded foam hair and there is this guy who can leap a hundred feet... it was so cool...) and to read the synopisis in the program. Once I did that, I was like, "This is BRILLIANT!"

Oh! And just because I wish that someone had told me about this before I went... GoldStarEvents.com has half-price tickets. It is free to sign up and they aren't evil, which is cool.