• Minion

Blog Entries

Disney Movie Memories

Well...i was just watching that episode of "Friends" where Phoebe watches the end of "Old Yeller" for the first time and it got me thinking about my childhood.

i was wondering if anyone else's parents "censored" their disney viewing as kids?
    I know i wasn't allowed to watch the "night on Bald Mt." suite on Fantasia, so this year me and my bro sat down and watched it......and were 19 and 22, lol
    another was i wasn't allowed to ride Mr. Toad's wild Ride so last time we went with my cousins, we rode it for my first time....and i don't see why i couldn't ride it, but anywho, lol

anyone anyone have similar experiences?

• Married and happy again!!

Re: Disney Movie Memories

No Disney was always encouraged by my family especialy my mom. I encourage my kids to watch it too. My kids have no restrictions about Disney rides (unless it's a Disney restriction). I guess the Mr. Toad thing could have had to do with him "going to hell" just a thought though.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Delawarean Girl

Yeah, I can't really see about Mr.Toad either. Maybe because of going to hell or maybe they didn't like the train part.

• Delawarean Girl

My parents didn't have any problem with me watching anything Disney. My father loved to laugh at me being scared when he made me watch Horror flick shows like Tales from the Dark Side.

• Minion

Blog Entries

wow...now i feel odd, lol

it was alway confusing to me because i grew up watching poltergiest, night of the living dead, the shining, ect, however i couldn't watch the end of fantasia, i didn't even know that it was there untill i realized who that guy from fantasmic was....

so no one but me had overly protective parents?

• Super saucy pixie!

I was a bit restricted from viewing Watcher in the Woods, which first aired on The Disney Channel. I was pretty young at the time and seeing portions of it freaked me out. It was outlawed after that until I was a bit older. As a matter of fact, that movie still kind of freaks me out! Hahaa!

• Do you have a 27B/6?

They didn't censor them for me, but my little sister was not allowed to watch "Bambi" after a certain period of time. She'd have nightmares.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Hunchback. Great movie but i was never allowed to see it. I only first saw it when I was 12.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• Senior Minion

I wasn't allowed to watch the Black Cauldron. But years later I was at a friends house and we watched it. I'm wondering if they will make a special edition out of that as well. Not that it is needed. But the "extras" would be cool if there are any.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.