Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Who Wants To Be A Superhero???

You know I have the utmost respect for Stan Lee, but this show has got to be the bottom of the barrel really. I mean it is sad that the sales of comic books have dropped drastically since the last few year, and this show allows us to see how bad it has gotten.

Am I wrong and how do you think this show will do?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Who Wants To Be A Superhero???

Show?

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I believe it will be airing on SpikeTV. Anyway it is like a contest and people compete to impress Stan Lee with the hopes that they will be made into a superhero.

• Delawarean Girl

Stripperella.

• Delawarean Girl

oh, I'm sorry your talking about a different show then.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Who Wants To Be A Superhero??? (From the "Cartoon Lovers Club")

You know I had nothing but negative thoughts about this show, but I just watch it and think it is catchy. Yes, I still think it is being done only because the comic book industry is failing and needs new ideas, no I don't think these participants will have superhero characters that will withstand the test of time like Spider Man, Hulk, etc. But who knows, I may be wrong. I really like this show because what Stan Lee says is true, super powers do not make a super hero, it is whats in their hearts that make them super. I can relate to that also, because many of you know I have created my own superheros in the last few years. The only character on the show I like is the Iron Enforcer because I think he has that image.

Spoiler
    But now that he is eliminated, I am glad Stan Lee Brought him back as a villain named Dark Enforcer

• Sea Creature

Hey I watched an episode once. It was so over the top and dramatic...I loved it. I haven't kept up with it. I saw them complete the task of changing in public when the real task was saving the a little girl. I loved how one of the heroes completely ignored the girl and cracked her whip as she ran past her. Hilarious! I also loved the French Cruellers and Twinkies on Fat Mommas utility belt.

i really enjoy this show for how really geeky these people are (sry dont get mad at me). but this show has some good twists to it like the traitor in the first episode and the last minute of the 2nd episode...i got mad at the end of the 1st one when the green guy(forgot his superhero name) got kicked off, i thought he was the best looking superhero. and its kinda sad how comic book sales have fallen when most of them are really cool, and im really surprised the halo graphic novel put out by marvel sold out in most places...

• Shablagoo!

There has been an upswing in comics sales the last few years, a slow steady growth. Lots of comics sell out each and every month. Are comics as strong as they were 20 years ago? Probably not, but they are stronger now than they have been since the mid 1990's.

I have been coming and going for the Superhero show as well. I watch for a few minutes then go watch something else, then come back to it. I don't like reality TV, so the fact I am watching at all is pretty amazing. I did love the challenge from the first episode where the goal was to change into your superhero costume and get to a certain point, but secretly you had to help the little girl. Thought that was brilliant and I was just laughing as the heroes ran on by. The prize is to have your character appear in a comic published by Dark Horse comics. I would be amazed if the character that does can last more than a few issues. But you never know.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

You mean this show IS a reality show...oh gee...

From previews, I could have SWORN it was something akin to a mock reality TV show, like Joe Schmoe (now that was an amusing show)...I'm dead serious though...If it's legit, that's just sad...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    Hey I watched an episode once. It was so over the top and dramatic...I loved it. I haven't kept up with it. I saw them complete the task of changing in public when the real task was saving the a little girl. I loved how one of the heroes completely ignored the girl and cracked her whip as she ran past her. Hilarious! I also loved the French Cruellers and Twinkies on Fat Mommas utility belt.
    Oh I laughed at the male stripper turned superhero as he ran through the course .

You can definatly tell what parts are scrpted though. I mean the last two minutes of last nights show was DEFINATLY scripted. How often is it that a TV just happens to turn on with Stan Lee on it in a junkyard?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I'm sorry...I laughed my *** off watching this last weekend. Granted, I like comics and comic book heroes/heroines...I can distinguish the line between reality and fantasy.

I guess these people can't.

I was embarassed for these people. Amazing what some people will do for money/noteriety.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

The stripper guy said that he is doing this hoping that his daughters will see him as a hero because of it. I am like, this won't make you a hero to them, but being a good father would!!!!

• Zero Blockout Dates

I laughed my arse off . Monkey Girl and the police dogs was pretty impressive.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Dont make me unfriend you

I love it! I just watched the 2nd episode (recored it on DVR) I came here hoping to find a "Who Wants to be.." thread. It's very fun.

Major Victory's run/dance after changing in the first episode.
    "Dogs love me"
    "How's my hair?" lol!

I think Monkey Woman is very funny. She climbs a tree to change into her outfit. And her stupid monkey noises. Not to mention bananas hanging from her belt. Hilarious!

I'm still not sure if it's a "true" reality tv or if it's scriped. But it's very fun to watch.

I like Major Victory and I liked Iron Enforcer. But Enforcer never seemed superhero-ish.

I think Ty'Veculus is a stud. (Well, as studdly as you can be wearing a skirt) But he impressed me during the dog event. He asked to go first so that he could "tire out the dogs".

Guys only:
    Spoiler
    I have to admit that I liked Lemuria's first outfit more then the make over....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast