• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Christina Aquilera's Mouseketeer training pays off

Robert Maxwell for Newsweek
    Red Hot & Blue

With a retro look and a retro album, Christina Aguilera—seriously—has grown up. The 'Dirrty' girl comes clean.

Aguilera has been a Mouseketeer in starlet's clothing, a bubblegum pop star in S&M gear ... and so on. She's changed her look as often as other girls change handbags, and with each new image comes a new sound. This Harlow glam fits her new double CD, "Back to Basics," a set of new songs that pay tribute to vintage blues and jazz. It's a risky move for a pop star, but Aguilera's taken chances before. If any of her peers had tried to pull off the deliberately ugly makeover on the cover of her last record, "Stripped" (ratted black hair, dirty fingernails), they'd now be doing infomercials. But unlike Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson, Aguilera can really sing. "She has one of the best voices out there," says Linda Perry (who's worked with Pink, Gwen Stefani), who wrote the songs with Aguilera and produced disc two. "Her competition is no longer Britney. She's on another level, one where she can compete with those great old voices from the past."
    At 12, Aguilera managed to put on a happy face—and plastic ears—when she became a Mouseketeer and shared the stage with Spears, Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez. Her media training from that period seems to have stuck with her: when she's at a loss for words during interviews, she'll fall back on such phrases as "staying true to your heart" and "believing in yourself." Aguilera still has contact with her old Disney clan. "Justin's always been a friend," she says. "I know if I ever needed to call him for anything, I could. Britney and I, we've sent each other wedding gifts." So she and Spears didn't hate each other? Aguilera rolls her eyes. "We were like best friends, but the media saw a navel and blond hair and had to create some drama."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3037855/site/newsweek/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Re: Christina Aquilera's Mouseketeer training pays off

When does the album come out?! i love the new single
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

August 15
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Sea Creature

I've always respected her above a lot of other acts even though she sold out on her last album. You can't deny that she's talented.

I am glad its paying off for somebody. My Mouseketeer training has never come in handy. Sort of like that Calculus class I had to take. When will I ever use it?
    Tref ...

• All you need is LOVE

Go Girl go

• Sea Creature

So, the album released today. I'm previewing some tracks and it's pretty impressive. It's hard to say that she completely "comes clean". There is a track called "Still Dirrty". The first disc is pop with jazz flair, and the second disc is pure jazz. It's really great, maybe she can bring some jazz back into the mainstream like Norah Jones did.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I've always favored Christina over the other teenage "pop stars"...she really has a voice! She is truly an amazing singer.

• Sea Creature

Yes she is and this album really, really proves that. The only other really talented woman in the mainstream now I would say is Beyonce. There's talk that her album feels rushed but we'll wait and see.