• The Uber Film Geek

Bunch of Muppets' Wizard Of Oz News! (some spoilers)

First off TONS of new images are revealed of this film and 3 tv spots here at the new offical site for the film: http://abc.go.com/primetime/muppetsoz/

Also the film will have 5 songs(for those not in the know "Electric Mayhem" is the band Animal is in) which are these:
    1. Gotta Get out of Kansas
    2. When I'm With You (Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Pepe)
    3. The Witch is In the House (Miss Piggy, with Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem)
    4. It's a Good Life
    5. Naptime (Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem)

It premires 8 PM EST on ABC May 20th and on DVD August 9th but make sure to watch it on TV because the ratings of TV showing will determine the future of the Muppets according to Disney.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Que que no-tu-rah.

Thanks for the update. I've got the date marked down in my calendar. I have high hopes for this movie. I'd hate for the Muppets to fall into obscurity.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Oh wow! I'm stoked about the return of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem!!!

• Banned User

I'm feeling seriously torn in two inside about this. I absolutely love the Muppets, but I'm so bummed that Henson sold out to Disney, the industry leader in dumbing stuff down to mediocrity. Whether it be direct to video sequels, shameless Pixar ripoffs, or rehashed theme park rides, everything they do now just seems to lack any real spirit. And to now see my beloved Muppets join that family worries me. Seeing the newest Muppet movie debut on television (instead of theatrically) and star one of today's current disposable "it" pop stars.... it just worries me more. The Muppets are known for wit and slap-stick and being, ya know, actually funny. They have personality and that seemingly elusive-to-Disney quality called originality.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'll have to see it proven before I put any faith in the Muppet's future. Sad... but true.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    I'm feeling seriously torn in two inside about this. I absolutely love the Muppets, but I'm so bummed that Henson sold out to Disney, the industry leader in dumbing stuff down to mediocrity. Whether it be direct to video sequels, shameless Pixar ripoffs, or rehashed theme park rides, everything they do now just seems to lack any real spirit. And to now see my beloved Muppets join that family worries me. Seeing the newest Muppet movie debut on television (instead of theatrically) and star one of today's current disposable "it" pop stars.... it just worries me more. The Muppets are known for wit and slap-stick and being, ya know, actually funny. They have personality and that seemingly elusive-to-Disney quality called originality.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'll have to see it proven before I put any faith in the Muppet's future. Sad... but true.
    I totally agree and completely understand where you are coming from, but Disney has never attemped to do anything Muppets-related before so hence this is their debut - I think we should go into this movie not comparing it to the Jim Henson Muppets but looking at the qualities of the Disney Muppets.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I think we should go into this movie not comparing it to the Jim Henson Muppets but looking at the qualities of the Disney Muppets.
    See, that's just what I can't bring myself to do. They weren't just “Jim Henson's Muppets,” they were Jim Henson. They were the furry, zany and wonderfully lovable personifications of Jim Henson's very spirit. That's why they haven't been nearly as popular or the same since he passed. When he died, so did the core of their soul. Considering them “Disney's Muppets” would, to me, be akin to calling my favorite escapes "Warner Brother's Disneyland," or "Viacom Disney World." I mean, honestly, would "Tex Avery's Cinderella" be even remotely the same? Or how about "Universal Snow White?"
    That's the heart of the matter to me. The Muppets are still funny looking, humorous, wacky and all that, but it was really the aura surrounding them that made every true Muppet fan fall in love with them, and that's what I'm afraid will disappear now. Will we ever hear songs like Rainbow Connection or Not Easy Being Green again? I hope so, but my faith and trust are being held in reserve until they've proven worthy.

• keep moving forward...

what all of us have to understand is that disney owns them now and does what they want... they arent going to be the same but the same thing happened to pooh, still the same loveable characters but sugar coated with disney, i personally liked michael eisners comment about kermit representing the third of disneys "greatest optimists" (both mickey, pooh, and kermit lead theyre freinds in adventures and the three of them have the same kind of personality yet they are different in a way that it would be freaking stange to see the three of them interacting with eachother)
    in other words mickey, pooh, and kermit are basically the same character but just differnt so that you cannot see the three of them staring in a cartoon together

did that make any sense at all