Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Say no to Assimilation

1st Visit to the El Capitan

I went to the El Capitan this past weekend to see Pirates. The theater is gorgeous! I was very impressed! I had reserved seats, front row balcony. The movie was great, a little darker than the first but highly enjoyable. My only comment would be that I wished people dressed up a little more when going to such a nice place. I wore a very pretty black and white dress with some strappy high heel sandals and almost everyone else was in shorts, tank tops, and baseball caps. There were a few people dressed as pirates and they were cool! Maybe I am old fashioned but I feel like a night out at the theater should be accompanied by a little nicer attire. Overall I can't wait to go back and take my kids!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Re: 1st Visit to the El Capitan

Did you go to the ice cream shop next door? Not only is the ice cream great, but a lot of the souvenirs are exclusive to the ice cream store. If I had known that I would have picked up more items when I was there last.

• All you need is LOVE

i love the elcap and ice cream omg yummmmm

• Neep meep beep

Awesome - did you take pictures of the event?

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Awesome - did you take pictures of the event?
    I did with my camera phone but not with a regular camera. :- ( I didn't get to go to the ice cream store because the person I went with took us the long way to the theater and we barely got there in time.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Well now you have a good reason to go back on your next trip. I hoping to go sometime between Sept. 7-14th

• Neep meep beep

Can't wait to see the El Capitan - I've been to Mann's Chinese across the street many, many times, but never the El Cap ... I'll dress up just in honor of tbminnie!

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Can't wait to see the El Capitan - I've been to Mann's Chinese across the street many, many times, but never the El Cap ... I'll dress up just in honor of tbminnie!
    Awww! Thanks! This theater deserves it! Oh and next time I dress up I will take a picture!!

• Still wants to be a cat!

We have been 3 times now. For Narnia, Shaggy Dog & Pirates 2. Love the place. We always VIP, but for the Matinee, so dressing up is not needed.

An evening show I just presumed was more elegant.....Heck nothing is these days. I remember going to see Mousetrap in London, wore a formal (since I thought that is what you do there) and I looked way out of place. But I still felt good about the way I dressed, since this was a very special outing!

We always make a trip to the Soda Fountain after the movie. Makes for a great end of the day!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Say no to Assimilation

I went to the 8pm show. I felt a bit overdressed but I rather be over dressed than under dressed. I think a night out should be treated like a night out. But I guess I am a dying breed.

• Neep meep beep

Yes. Where were women like you when I was looking? A night out should be something special, I agree completely.

• Still wants to be a cat!

You are such a gentlemen Frogberto!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• I'm your huckleberry.

The El Capitan is spectacular!

I wasn't impressed by the Soda Shop though. But that might have been because the place was so crowded from POTCMC's opening weekend.

And Wolfy is right, VIP is the way to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Say no to Assimilation

I wanted to go to the Disney Soda Shop but my date for the evening was a big bump on a log. After the movie I wanted to walk around but he wasn't up to it and during the movie he rolled his eyes at all the ride references. I need to go again with some Disney Fans!!!

my date for the evening was a big bump on a log.
    Why would yo do that to yourself!?

Disney fans to Disney films!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast