• șoș Tom șoș

Pirate's Music (Remix and Inspirations)

Hello True Believers.

I have been mired with work and well work basically---oh and working out a lot, which means I have been on a music binge and discovered some really amazing stuff!

Along with the Pirates 2 soundtrack, several artists have re-mixed the original Klaus Badelt themes- with a tribal/electronic flare featuring dialogue for both movies. There are 6 available tracks which can be downloaded at iTunes- are very fun.

Listen to a sample:
    http://www.buy.com/prod/he_s_a_pirat...202804932.html

Also coming around the corner- an entire album dedicated to original sea songs as recorded by modern artists like Bono, Sting and Nick Cave. The album titled " "Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs & Chanteys," is being produced by Gore Verbinski, Johnny Depp and Hal Willner. The 2 disc album about peg legs, rum and girls will make land on August 22nd.

For a preview visit:
    http://www.tmz.com/2006/06/29/bono-a...r-jolly-roger/

• Closed Account

Re: Pirate's Music (Remix and Inspirations)

Remixes are fine but not for motion picture soundtracks. I wish the had put the closing credits track on the POTCMC soundtrack rather than that Tsiedo (or whomever that person is) version of "He's A Pirate!" Seems like that track belongs on a hip-hop, techno, rave album rather than on a fully orchestrated soundtrack.

• șoș Tom șoș

Re: Pirate's Music (Remix and Inspirations)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Remixes are fine but not for motion picture soundtracks. I wish the had put the closing credits track on the POTCMC soundtrack rather than that Tsiedo (or whomever that person is) version of "He's A Pirate!" Seems like that track belongs on a hip-hop, techno, rave album rather than on a fully orchestrated soundtrack.
    OH I dunno, it was a sample of the many artists being inspired by these movies and thats impressive. You don't see a slew of folks lining up to to create remix based on the music of X-men 3 or Superman.