Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Now 40% less bitter!

Re: Disney Veteran Ed Grier Named President of the Disneyland Resort - Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlienz
    It's just about time for our revered Al to have another column and I am sure he will not be coy in his opinion of this move. Be watching on Thursday when Al usually post.
    Al usually posts on Tuesdays, and Kevin usually posts on Thursdays. This means we may have to wait seven whole days before Al comments on this new situation.
    At least it'll be well thought out. And by then, he'll probably be able to get a whole bunch of info on this gentleman.
    Oo-de-lally!

• out & about

Re: Disney Veteran Ed Grier Named President of the Disneyland Resort - Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    See, CPA's are good people too!
    Yeah so good that at the first sight of more money he runs!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

These are nerve-wracking times...

- A post-50th Media blitz that has no backbone
    - The famed Disneyland President leaving
    - A replacement exec with little known about him
    - A still entirely problematic theme park
    - Problematic areas of the original Disneyland
    - A Pixar exec in Imagineering who hasn't been that savior of Disneyland that everybody had claimed he would be.

.... I'm scared.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDisneyDad
    Great they put an Accountant in charge of Disneyland! Looks like Disneyland is making a U-Turn back to the Pressler days.
    Oh my god. Please people. Give me a break!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Master Gracey
    - A Pixar exec in Imagineering who hasn't been that savior of Disneyland that everybody had claimed he would be.
    Well we still should give John a chance. I mean it is going to take a while until the ball gets rolling faster and we start to see changes he is making. We can't rush quality .
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 07-25-2006 at 01:44 PM.

• Banned User

I was worried at first, but realized he didn't come from the Disney Store division, but rather Tokyo Disney. Tokyo Disney ain't too shabby and it makes pretty hefty investments in rides and entertainment. He has been around that for a while I suppose and has expierenced it. And if he started out working in the parks, and is labeled a veteran, I won't be too worried. Time will tell...time will tell.

It's true. At least he's from Parks

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    These are nerve-wracking times...

.... I'm scared.
    Give the guy some time. Geez. You dont know what hes been cooking. I think the subs will prove whether or not he is to be trusted.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Santa Barbara, CA

i have a bad feeling about this....
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

IMHO, Parks and Resorts will never be what it used to be until the WDC gets rid of Al Weiss and Jay Rasulo. They are both penny pinchers who care only about the bottom line. I was apalled when I went to WDW this year (May of 06) by how "carnival" some of it had become. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time, but all of these "in your face" merchandise carts out in the walkways (the parks, the hotels, etc.) and Dinoland with carnival games!
    JEEZ! Walt would be appalled. If any exec. is reading this, put someone like a John Lassetter over Parks and Resorts! NOT PENNY PINCHERS! That is not the Disney way! BTW when I go to Walt Disney World I expect for it to have pristine upkeep for the price and not for rides to be breaking down every other half hour.
    Last edited by wem1985; 07-25-2006 at 05:59 PM.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by wem1985
    They are both penny pinchers who care only about the bottom line.
    If Jay Rasulo is a penny pincher, how come projects like Expedition Everest & Mission: Space were greenlit (projects which had gigantic costs)?

JEEZ! Walt would be appalled.
    I'm sorry, did Walt tell you that himself? Don't say what Walt would approve of because no one knows that answer.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    If Jay Rasulo is a penny pincher, how come projects like Expedition Everest & Mission: Space were greenlit (projects which had gigantic costs)?

I'm sorry, did Walt tell you that himself? Don't say what Walt would approve of because no one knows that answer.

-Michael

AHHHH Mikey.....
    So good to hear from you!
    How did I somehow know that if I said anything critical about anyone left over from the Eisner regime that you would chime in!
    LOL!
    Well Mike I'll tell you like I always tell you...
    We can all have different opinions and still love one another!
    BTW like your trip report!
    Seriously though I believe Mike if you do your research you will find that one of the reasons Walt wanted to build Disneyland in the first place was because he was so appalled at the "carny/carnival" type scene that he observed when taking Dianne and Sharon (his daughters) to the carnival/fair type park. (Ex. in your face sales tactics, ripping off people on cheap games with cheap prizes etc.)
    Believe me Mike I am just as passionate about Disney/WDW as you are! I've got about 14 years seniority over you (which doesn't make me any better) but I feel like that I shouldn't turn a blind eye and say, "Oh it's o.k." if I feel like Disney has gone down in a certain area. When I was there in May, believe me I had an AMAZING time, but I did notice some areas where I felt like they had gone down. (maintenance on rides, TTA peeling paint/bird mess etc.) I didn't go looking for it but I noticed it. I'm from the old school of the likes of TDL FAN and WDW 1974 so I'm not going to argue with you.

PS-You are right that they spent alot of money on some new rides but things need to quit being such a "quick fix" with the parks. I loved Everest but didn't ride M:S due to so many people getting sick and it ruining there day!

PSS-Some parts of WDW look great/run well/up keep good, etc. but some other parts nada. I think it has to do IMHO of WDW getting too big. Just my 2 cents buddy.

PSSS- I will say I think the food (Citrico's, Artist Point, Coral Reef, Narcoosee's, etc.) has improved DRASTICALLY!
    Last edited by wem1985; 07-25-2006 at 08:37 PM.

• Rock Star Minion

Do note that TDI/Mike is the authority on what you're allowed to write and what you're not allowed to write 'round these parts. No putting words into Walt's dead mouth, for example. Just ain't allowed, pardner. Don't care what you know or how old you are. What's important to know is that you are not TDI/Mike, which means your opinions are worthless.

1. Downward arc in attendance for EPCOT from 98 - 01 = Spend money on E-Ticket killer ride, in an effort to show that he's doing something. (I.e., in order to keep his job.)
    2. Downward arc in attendance at AK since inception = Spend money on E-Ticket ride, in an effort to show that he's doing something. (I.e., in order to keep his job.)
    3. Flat attendance at MK = guests always come to MK, usually twice per 7-day visit. It's more important to keep them on property on those other days, so no E-Ticky for you!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Do note that TDI/Mike is the authority on what you're allowed to write and what you're not allowed to write 'round these parts. No putting words into Walt's dead mouth, for example. Just ain't allowed, pardner. Don't care what you know or how old you are. What's important to know is that you are not TDI/Mike, which means your opinions are worthless.
    I'll say this as nicely as possible... Sediment, what is your problem?

I will leave the WDW: Maintained or Not subject to another thread (being that this is about Ed Grier at Disneyland.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    I'll say this as nicely as possible... Sediment, what is your problem?
    I have authority issues.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast