Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Cretan

Re: Disney Veteran Ed Grier Named President of the Disneyland Resort - Press Release

It was sad to see the neglect and decay that prevailed in DL during the 1990s. I started going to the park back in 1974. It's also somewhat disheartening to see the gluttonous retail machine that's consuming the park. I enjoy shopping, but this is getting out of hand. Disney gets our money at the door and all throughout the park, but the greed is getting old. It's become tiresome and frankly, it's also a bit insulting when attractions are removed in favor of retail space. I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm paying $70 to get into the mall. The merchandise carts need to go. Disneyland is not the State Fair or Carnival. It's irksome. Disney needs to understand that it's not all about taking from us. There needs to be some giving back as well. Disney should know that you can't make money without spending money. The park needs money to get better, and if that doesn't happen, then the public will respond in kind. The Sub Lagoon is a good start, but there needs to be an attraction on the tracks of the People Mover. I hope the new man will take a sincere approach to revitalizing the areas of the park that need it. The high Disney standards of the pre 1990s should be revisited and adhered to in order to make Disneyland stand apart from all other amusement parks and shine brightly once again.
    Last edited by Markos; 07-29-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Re: Disney Veteran Ed Grier Named President of the Disneyland Resort - Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by Markos
    It was sad to see the neglect and decay that prevailed in DL during the 1990s. I started going to the park back in 1974. It's also somewhat disheartening to see the gluttonous retail machine that's consuming the park. I enjoy shopping, but this is getting out of hand. Disney gets our money at the door and all throughout the park, but the greed is getting old. It's become tiresome and frankly, it's also a bit insulting when attractions are removed in favor of retail space. I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm paying $70 to get into the mall. The merchandise carts need to go. Disneyland is not the State Fair or Carnival. It's irksome. Disney needs to understand that it's not all about taking from us. There needs to be some giving back as well. Disney should know that you can't make money without spending money. The park needs money to get better, and if that doesn't happen, then the public will respond in kind. The Sub Lagoon is a good start, but there needs to be an attraction on the tracks of the People Mover. I hope the new man will take a sincere approach to revitalizing the areas of the park that need it. The high Disney standards of the pre 1990s should be revisited and adhered to in order to make Disneyland stand apart from all other amusement parks and shine brightly once again.
    Exactly....

• Cretan

Does anyone have any more pertinent information about Mr. Grier?
    Stop being greedy.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345