http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1221783.php

Interviewed by phone in Tokyo, Grier said he looks forward to building on the work of his predecessors in continuing Disneyland's success.

"I'm so excited," said Grier, who was scheduled to arrive today from Japan to start his new job. "It's such an honor for me. So many people love Disneyland."

Grier and Ouimet worked together for Disney in Orlando, where their families attended the same church.

"This is a guy, as a leader, I have enormous faith in," Ouimet said of Grier. "He'll add to the legacy."

Ouimet is moving to Connecticut, near the headquarters of Starwood in White Plains, N.Y. He said he plans to keep his family's home in Coto de Caza because he likes Orange County so much.

A veteran of 17 years with Disney, Ouimet is the third consecutive Disneyland president to leave for another company. Grier said he has not thought beyond his new job. He said the fact that people leave to work elsewhere testifies to Disney's talent pool.

"I've been with Disney a long time," he said. "I have no intention to leave."
Ouimet said Starwood offered an opportunity to build on his record in the hospitality industry. Before he arrived at Disneyland, Ouimet headed Disney Cruise Line.

"Occasionally, something great comes across your radar," Ouimet said of his new job.

"It's another great company I respect for their innovation, for their plans for growth, for their quality."