• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

"Is this heaven?" No, it's the return of Kevin Costner

Aug 2, 1:18 PM EDT
    New York Post
    Costner to Return to Field of Dreams

AP Photo/MORRY GASH

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Kevin Costner has been pretty much a ghost in Dyersville since starring in "Field of Dreams" in 1989.

He hasn't returned to the eastern Iowa town since its famous cornstalks resurrected Shoeless Joe Jackson and other long-dead ballplayers on the big screen 17 years ago.

But now comes word that Costner will return.

The star will appear Aug. 11 at the baseball field in Dyersville as part of a "Rolling Roadshow" tour, in which 10 classic movies are being shown at the sites of their filming.

Netflix, an online movie rental service that organized the tour, confirmed this week that Costner will make an appearance before the movie is shown on a 30-foot inflatable screen in the outfield.
    Costner will play a free concert with his unnamed rock band, followed by the movie.
    "We're real excited about it," said Keith Rahe, manager of Left & Center Field of Dreams, a tourist attraction at the site of the movie's ball field. "This is going to be a nice setup."
    "Field of Dreams" was an Academy Award nominee and featured one of the most famous movie lines ever: "If you build it, they will come."

"Returning to the 'Field of Dreams' location to play a concert ... has special meaning for me," Costner said in a news release. "The movie was significant in my career, and the band is an important part of my future."
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    Last edited by ALIASd; 08-03-2006 at 09:06 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: "Is this heaven?" No, it's the return of Kevin Costner

Aren't they like 15 years too late?

• Again! Again! Again!

I heard Lisa Loeb talking about this on The View today. I guess she's one of the big wigs for Rolling Roadshow.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I think it's wonderful, Field Of Dreams is far and away my favorite all-time movie...and I wish I could visit Dyarsville to be part of the festivities. I definitely plan to make the pilgrimmage to visit the movie site one day...

A great role for Costner...James Earl Jones, Burt Lancaster...

My three favorite moments..

1) At Fenway when Costner asks Jones' character...whaddya want..."I want to be left alone".
    Then the camera shows that they're at the concession stand.

No...what do you want..."dog and a beer"

2) At the cornfield when young Moonlight Graham crosses the line to save the Kinsella's daughter ...

3) And Jones's "People will come, people will most surely come"...

And of course when Ray's Dad is "introduced" to the family...great moment.

--Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 08-03-2006 at 12:16 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing

Coolness. On of my fav flix. The soundtrack is one of the best.

I so wanted to stop there the last time I passed thru Iowa, but it was about 2am at the time, sooooo....

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    Aren't they like 15 years too late?
    Too late for what?

This isn't a sequel... it's just a screening of a modern classic.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I think it's wonderful, Field Of Dreams is far and away my favorite all-time movie...and I wish I could visit Dyarsville to be part of the festivities. I definitely plan to make the pilgrimmage to visit the movie site one day...
    I mean no insult, but RB, this seems fitting for this to be your favorite movie. I thought I was the only person in these parts who liked the Angels...and then I read your posts and learned of your history with them.

Good movie to have as your favorite.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend