Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 'Little Miss Sunshine', don't miss it!

Great movie but i wanted to see what happened to the family as they drove back home...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

This movie is so good. Can't wait till it's on DVD, it'll definately be in my DVD collection

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Anything Steve Carrell is in I love...but I can't see it until it comes out on video
    Stupid Rated R

• ...TWO BITS!

I enjoyed this movie more than Napolean Dynamite. I'm not quite sure why ND is popular. I laughed, I was sad, great acting, great story, I cared and related to the characters, VERY GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I was so grossed out by the little prostitute girls.
    Glad I'm not the only one who feels the same way. I felt so uncomfortable watching them- I wanted to leave the theater. Just like like Steve Carrel and the kid

Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    Great movie but i wanted to see what happened to the family as they drove back home...
    Sequel? JK JK

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Best movie of the year for me!

Wonderful, true-to-life characters and observations! if you're an eccentric type, you will surely recognize traits of friends and family...

Hilarious. Moving. Not pretentious.

Just go!

• Social Imagineer

Perhaps the "little prostitute girls" of the titular child beauty contest will, via the JonBenet murder being in the news again, give this movie an ever bigger boost than mere word-of-mouth can generate.

I certainly hope so. It's such a charmer. Very slyly observationalist for a farcical road trip comedy. Hehehe, the Little Miss Sunshine contest contrast of Olive's outside-the-envelope performance vs. the perfectly acceptable whorehouse-ready preenings and presentations of the other prepubescent contestants was simply brilliant.

As were all the performances of admittedly stereotypical, yet compelling characters. Witty, sad, funny, silly, outrageous, and more than a little bit clever.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I just saw this movie last night...I was expecting an almost empty theatre because usually these types of movies don't fly well around here. But I was surprised to find that I was wrong. It was the only time I've actually been happy to see a full theatre, this movie was so worthy of it.

This movie is so good at making the audience (or at least me) feel such a wide range of emotions, I laughed, wanted to cry, wanted to reach out and punch Greg Kinnear in the face, it was all so well done.

It was so clever and smart, and it so refreshing to see a movie that was smart, but didn't rub its smartness in your face. The theatre I was in loved it, we applauded after Olive's little number and we laughed so much. My brother, who I never expected to like a movie like this, loved it. He's only 15, but even he could appreciate it!

My favorite movie of the year thus far!

Edited to add: I LOVED the soundtrack
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• /sigh

We just saw LMS last night as well, and loved it! Such a quirky family....a family we all can relate to in one way or another. The grandpa was hillarious! Such a range of emotions in this film....one moment I'm laughing, the next I'm crying....on and on that went through the film. Brilliant! Great character development. Greg Kinnear was perfect!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Indie Spirit noms unveiled

'Sunshine,' 'Half Nelson' lead list of contenders.

By Reuters

The hit road comedy "Little Miss Sunshine" and the acclaimed drugs drama "Half Nelson" led the list of contenders Tuesday for the Independent Spirit Awards, the American art-house world's version of the Oscars.

Each film scored five nominations, including best feature and best director. Another contender in the latter category was Robert Altman, who died last week. He was cited for his work on "A Prairie Home Companion."

Four films, none of them with much widespread name recognition, landed three nominations each: "American Gun," "The Dead Girl," "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints" and "Man Push Cart."

The Spirit Awards, in their 22nd year, honor low-budget films based on such criteria as original, provocative subject matter and degree of independent financing. Winners will be unveiled Feb. 24, the day before the Academy Awards.

There is usually some crossover among nominees for the two awards, but little common ground among the winners. Last year was an exception because Oscar voters recognized a slew of low-budget films, such as "Crash," "Brokeback Mountain" and "Capote," which also were honored at the Spirit Awards.

"Little Miss Sunshine," a box office smash starring Steve Carell and Greg Kinnear, revolves around a family's cross-country trip to attend a girls' beauty pageant. It marked the feature directing debut of music video veterans Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris.

Two of its stars, Alan Arkin and Paul Dano, will compete against each other for supporting male. Additionally, rookie screenwriter Michael Arndt was nominated for best first screenplay.

The searing drama "Half Nelson" stars Ryan Gosling as a drug-addicted teacher who forms a special bond with one of his high school students. Ryan Fleck was nominated for best director and first screenplay (along with co-writer Anna Boden). Gosling and Shareeka Epps were nominated for male and female lead, respectively.

Other best feature nominees were "American Gun," "The Dead Girl" and "Pan's Labyrinth." The other nominated directors were Karen Moncrieff for "The Dead Girl" and Steven Soderbergh for "Bubble."

Besides Gosling, the male lead contenders are Aaron Eckhart ("Thank You For Smoking"), Edward Norton ("The Painted Veil"), Ahmad Razvi ("Man Push Cart"), and Forest Whitaker ("American Gun").

In the female lead category, Epps will vie for honors with Catherine O'Hara ("For Your Consideration"), Elizabeth Reaser ("Sweet Land"), Michelle Williams ("Land of Plenty"), and Robin Wright Penn ("Sorry, Haters").

The event is organized by Film Independent, a Los Angeles-based group that fosters indie movies.
    http://www.latimes.com/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• World Traveler

LMS was released today on DVD. Did anyone get it yet? I ordered mine through Amazon.com and they wont ship till next week !!!

• Man O Lantern

There's a store in our area (Fred Meyer) that is offering a Little Miss Sunshine/Garden State package deal for $19.99 and I'm picking that up today for sure!

Two of my favorite movies together!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I picked up 2 copies at Target today! Can't wait to watch it again!
    A signature should go here.

I also bought the movie today and its still a great movie!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Watched it tonight, great movie!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Super freak, super freak! She's super freeeaaakkkkkayyy!

That movie was just wonderful.. *Wonders if it is too late to put on her Christmas List*

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast