Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V for Vendetta

• Zero Blockout Dates

V for Vendetta

I just saw V for Vendetta today. Anyone read the source material for this and can you tell me what's so different from the original vision that the author (so I've heard) disavows the film.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: V for Vendetta

I do not know about any controversy, but I'll say this, V for Vendetta is G for Terrific!
    Tref ...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...i?article=2153

Go there for probably the best explaination of what happened regarding Alan Moore and V for Vendetta.

I enjoyed the film and the Graphic Novel. The film wasn't faithful to the original material, but I think really paid homage to the ideas it held.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I really liked it. Besides Portmans wonderful acting, I kept think "Wow!", Hugo Weaving first off has to convey everything in character in pantomime, THEN he had to most likely do a voice over to complete the roll.

The story is great, and I think it is a terrific film.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    I just saw V for Vendetta today. Anyone read the source material for this and can you tell me what's so different from the original vision that the author (so I've heard) disavows the film.
    I just finished rereading the book a few minutes ago. Obviously like most book to film adaptations they have to leave a lot out. They did change the story to reflect modern times somewhat especially all the stuff about Muslims and censored literature. There were numerous missing characters and V's death is different, much less action-packed. Overall the book was more about Anarchy, which the film did not seem to thematically show as well as the book did. It is a great book.

• Minion

I hated the movie. Boring, preachy, false advertising...

Even Natalie Portman in the costume couldn't save it. Bleh.

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Alan Moore just does not like Hollywood. They really messed up "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."
    I really liked the movie, but I did not like the changes to Vee's character. He was more ambiguous in the book, and I really liked that aspect: the "hero" could have been anyone (not necessarily a straight, white, Christian man...)
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile
    Alan Moore just does not like Hollywood. They really messed up "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."
    I really liked the movie, but I did not like the changes to Vee's character. He was more ambiguous in the book, and I really liked that aspect: the "hero" could have been anyone (not necessarily a straight, white, Christian man...)
    He does certainly seem to hate them. Don't forget that they messed with "From Hell" as well. A film version of "Watchmen" is in the works as well (though it has been in Development hell since it was first published). At least he doesn't have to worry about anyone trying to adapt "Lost Girls".

From everything I have ever read about Alan Moore, I get the impression that he would probably never be happy with any adaptation of any of his works.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Thanks for the input all. I liked the film enough to watch the extras on the disc and in the interviews they kept refering to Alan Moore and his unhappiness with the project. I've got the graphic novel on order from Amazon.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Spartan 116

i never saw anything on the original material. but however i believe that what the ideals say in that movie are incredibly powerful. the movie was quite incredible in my opinion. very well done.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I absolutely loooooooved the movie. Then again I also love all futuristic totalitarian satires (1984=).

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    I absolutely loooooooved the movie. Then again I also love all futuristic totalitarian satires (1984=).
    I loved the fact that John Hurt played the Mr. Susan in V, since he played the citizen in 1984. He's played both sides of the spectrum now. lol

• out & about

does anyone know what the name of the song is that is played during the scene when the parliment is blowing up?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Shablagoo!

1812 overture by Tchaikovsky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast