Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wicked Talk

• Man O Lantern

Wicked Talk

I'm wondering if anyone has seen Shoshana Bean and Megan Hilty in Wicked?

Shoshana is from a Portland suburb and Megan is from a Seattle suburb, so they're doing the NW cities on the Wicked tour, which is really exciting....but I don't know how excited I am. Has anyone seen them?

My daughters listen to the cast recording daily, and have for two years, so they have really high expectations for the vocal talent. No one can be an Idina Menzel or a Kristen Chenoweth....so I'm hoping they won't be disappointed when they see the show for the first time next month.

We're building up to our Wicked run here in Portland. We have tix as a family in the fourth row for one show and my daughter and I have our usual subscription seats in the 30th row another night. My husband and I saw Wicked in 2004 (got to see Idina!) and I got to see it last year with MiceChatters in July 2005. The girls are freaking out, but like I said, expectations are HIGH.

Tell me about your Wicked experience!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Re: Wicked Talk

I cannot wait to hear about how the girls do at the show. I really want to take Ali to see it when it comes to town for the open-ended run. She can be a bit wiggly, but I think she would love to see it live.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I'll let you know on the 20th

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

The performers TinkPink and I saw in Minneapolis in July were OUTSTANDING! The Elphaba we had was an understudy, yet she was wonderful. Glinda was funny and her voice was beautiful as well. The Fiyero we had was awful, but I don't know if I just don't like the character of Fiyero, he seems like kind of a wimp and not good enough for either of them.

Stink, weren't your NW girls in the New York production? I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Sho is amazing!!
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Stink, weren't your NW girls in the New York production? I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
    They were, and they worked together as understudies and then played the roles together for seven months. But I didn't know ANY of that until yesterday. I'm worrying for nothing.

And it seems like Shoshana Bean has a huuuuuge fan base. I never really bothered to look her up. I watched a few clips of her yesterday on YouTube and I am in awe. Amazing voice, I'm sure she'll be great.

Now I know why the Seattle and Portland shows pretty much sold out in presale. I'm a !!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

<channeling the traveling G4> Well, Duh!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've seen Megan Hilty perform Glinda live and I think she's absolutely wonderful! Very perky and a great voice. She's more perky than Kristin was...you'll love the perkiness

I haven't had the pleasure to see Shoshana Bean perform Elphaba live, but I've seen recordings of her doing Defying Gravity and many fans agree that in many ways she's done it better than Idina (I love them both equally).

Trust me, your girls will not be disappointed!

Yeah, most people hate Fiyero, doesn't matter what actor does it. I think it's just the character that people don't like in the end.
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 10-30-2006 at 11:11 PM.

• Man O Lantern

I got to see Joey Mac as Fiyero and loved the character. Saw Derrick Williams, and notsomuch. Not a great voice and he was better at being slimey. Joey seemed cute and charming as Fiyero, but Derrick made him seem more shallow and unlikeable.

I'm so happy to hear that Megan Hilty is a good Glinda! I saw the girl after Kristin Chenoweth and looooved her, she was perky and perfect and had an amazing voice, then saw someone else who wasn't as perky and the role wasn't as fun to watch. She didn't even do the whole "toss toss" bit. We loooved "tosstoss!" Especially my husband. He walked around going "tosstoss" for weeks.

After doing some actual research AFTER I posted this thread I'm getting really excited for the whole family.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Our Glinda (Kendra Kassebaum) was so funny! My husband commented that he never would have expected Glinda to be the comic relief. Her "Popular" was hysterical, I was rolling and in tears!

Idina's hubby Taye Diggs played Fiyero on Broadway with her for about a week, I would have LOVED to see the two of them together.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Do you have a 27B/6?

I got to see Kendra, and I *adored* her...the show is wonderful, regardless.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Personally I think Megan Hilty is WAY better the kristin, she has an amazing voice, and she can act!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Wish I was in WDW..

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I'm wondering if anyone has seen Shoshana Bean and Megan Hilty in Wicked?

Shoshana is from a Portland suburb and Megan is from a Seattle suburb, so they're doing the NW cities on the Wicked tour, which is really exciting....but I don't know how excited I am. Has anyone seen them?

My daughters listen to the cast recording daily, and have for two years, so they have really high expectations for the vocal talent. No one can be an Idina Menzel or a Kristen Chenoweth....so I'm hoping they won't be disappointed when they see the show for the first time next month.

We're building up to our Wicked run here in Portland. We have tix as a family in the fourth row for one show and my daughter and I have our usual subscription seats in the 30th row another night. My husband and I saw Wicked in 2004 (got to see Idina!) and I got to see it last year with MiceChatters in July 2005. The girls are freaking out, but like I said, expectations are HIGH.

Tell me about your Wicked experience!
    I saw wicked twice, with orginal cast and with shoshana and kristen. They were both amazing, and I know you will like the show a lot!

-Nikki

• Oh bother!

I have wanted to see this show since it debuted, but due to geographic and financial circumstances, have never had the chance. I finally got tickets for hubby and me to see it in Toronto this November. We've got Kendra Kassebaum as Glinda and Julia Murney as Elphaba.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Kendra Kessebaum is who we saw in LA. Derrick was awful. He went a little too gospel in terms of his signing voice during the show. Took me outside the story too much.

Stephanie J. Block played Elphaba. It was a hometown performance for her. I thinnk she was nervous. Her performance of The Wizard & I was akward and a little slow. Although, she did seem to pick up the pace a little as she got more comfortable in the show.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast