• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Tim Allen settles the Woody-Buzz debate and more - Premiere September 2006

Tim Allen settles the Woody-Buzz debate, gives props to Cher, and tells us how he really feels about being Hollywood's go-to guy for family films

Idol Chatter
    By Brantley Bardin
    Premiere Vol. 20 #1
    Septemer 2006

excerpts:
    "Premiere: Hey, is it true that your Buzz Lightyear toys outsell Tom Hanks' Woody?

Tim Allen: I never let him forget it. In interviews, Tom's held Buzz's head, pretended that kids are getting injuries, and said, "You may outsell me, but there'll be more lawsuits." [laughs]"
    "Premiere: Who knows, but you'll live forever as Buzz Lightyear anyway. Not so shabby.

Tim Allen: Listen, I love Buzz, I love Santa, I love the iconic stuff I've been able to do. It's pigeon-holed me and put me in a hole that I have to dig out of, but hey-even if that's the hole I live in, then it's all right with me."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Tim Allen settles the Woody-Buzz debate and more - Premiere September 2006

It beats going to prison on drug charges. I'm sure he knows that, first-hand.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    It beats going to prison on drug charges. I'm sure he knows that, first-hand.
    that was uncalled for!

• Why do you keep talking?

but it's true...
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TNTigger
    that was uncalled for!
    Meh. Just saying that he shouldn't complain about his life or his pigeonholed career.

I like him. He's funny. But I don't want to hear him complain.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

^^ I think that's exactly the point Tim Allen was trying to make. That it would be easy to complain, but why would he since he's been so successful.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

poor, poor tim.

Must be hard being on a hit tv show, #1 book, hit movies. Boo-hoo-hoo for you tim.

thomas
    "Decisions are easy, if you know what your values are" - Roy Disney

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Doopey1
    ^^ I think that's exactly the point Tim Allen was trying to make. That it would be easy to complain, but why would he since he's been so successful.
    Exactly! So, Tim, stop "almost complaining"!!

Besides, he started out as a comedian. He's still funny, even when he's acting. And his pseudo-serious role in GalaxyQuest (more a straight-man for the rest of the gags and cast) was wonderful.

And, from what I read (now), the article was quite tongue-in-cheek.
    Last edited by sediment; 08-11-2006 at 02:01 PM.

• Minion

As an artist, he has every right to complain about being pigeonholed. It's he equivalent of being unfulfilled at your work place, or wanting to see all of Disneyland Resort but having to stay in DCA...

• Banned User

if he doesnt want to be pigeonholed then don't take the roles. true he wouldn't be making as much money, but something would eventually come along that would make him different. that being said, fred mcmurray played villians in several films but will be remembered most as the dad in my three sons. clark gable didn't do too bad as the handsome hero, john wayne was the rugged hero whether as a cowboy or in the army. and he will do fine as the fatherly type in family movies.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    if he doesnt want to be pigeonholed then don't take the roles. true he wouldn't be making as much money, but something would eventually come along that would make him different. that being said, fred mcmurray played villians in several films but will be remembered most as the dad in my three sons. clark gable didn't do too bad as the handsome hero, john wayne was the rugged hero whether as a cowboy or in the army. and he will do fine as the fatherly type in family movies.
    Like I said before... why would an artist want to be stuck doing one thing? It makes little to no sense. It's one dimensional.