• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Chicken Little' Director now on 'Sherlock's' case - The Hollywood Reporter 8/11/06

'Sherlock' clues point to Dindal

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    August 11, 2006

Mark Dindal, who helmed the Walt Disney Co. hit "Chicken Little," will make his live-action directorial debut on "Sherlock's Secretary" for Walden Media and Nash Entertainment. The story is based on the little-known fact that real letters are being sent to the fictitious home of Sherlock Holmes, the world's most famous detective and one of the 19th century's great literary creations. Holmes famously resided at 221b Baker St., and the address -- now the Sherlock Holmes Museum -- has been receiving letters from people seeking Holmes' help in solving real crimes. The film will center on the person living at that address, whose world is turned upside down when he gets one of these letters and decides to take on a real case.

Julie Golden ("The Calligrapher") is attached to write. Walden Media executive vp production Alex Schwartz and director of development Evan Turner will oversee the project on behalf of the company.

"Chicken Little," on which Dindal shared story-by credit, was Disney's first all-CGI film and grossed more than $300 million worldwide.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1002985519

• Official Mice Chat person

Re: 'Chicken Little' Director now on 'Sherlock's' case - The Hollywood Reporter 8/11/06

I personally hope he doesn't direct any more Disney movies. From watching the chicken little DVD special features.. he just doesn't seem all that creative. He doesn't have that spark in his eye that Mr. Lasseter has.

• Huh?

Re: 'Chicken Little' Director now on 'Sherlock's' case - The Hollywood Reporter 8/11/06

Sounds interesting... when did it become the Sherlock Holmes museum? Thought it was a post office or something...
    -Tim

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Sounds interesting... when did it become the Sherlock Holmes museum? Thought it was a post office or something...
    1990, here's the site link:
    http://www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

only plot problem i see... why would someone be living at a museum? otherwise i like the plotline. could definietly be a series if the first one does well.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    only plot problem i see... why would someone be living at a museum? otherwise i like the plotline. could definietly be a series if the first one does well.
    An easy in would be a live-in caretaker, or better yet a relative of one of the original boardinghouse tenants. It's a fabulous premise regardless.

BTW the site has some spectacular employment opportunities available:
    http://www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk/jobs/index.htm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Santa Barbara, CA

Sounds like "Murder she wrote".
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• What have I done?

Sounds like alot of fun, BTW didnt know Chicken Little was a bonafide hit? Unless it was by default on opening weekend if I remember correctly that was during a time when alot of bad movies were openeing, but I degress.

"This guy!"

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    You are correct. It was the Abbey National building. There was some dispute regarding the address (which never existed in Doyle's time). But for decades Abbey National was it because that's where 221 would have naturally been with the street numbering.

Then years later the museum opened down the street and attempted to hijack the address. It's actual street number is not 221. So they called their company "221b Ltd" so they could put the number outside the door, in a bit of slight-of-hand.

Abbey National (which had been where the Post Office was delivering Holmes' mail to...and they actually had someone assigned to answer it) closed down, and the museum agreed to take the mail after that.

So while the museum looks more like what Holmes' apartment looked like in the books and movies...it's not located where 221b would have actually been.

When I was last on Baker Street about 2 years ago, the Abbey National building still had a plaque stating it was the location of 221 Baker Street.
    Last edited by Opus1guy; 08-15-2006 at 12:09 PM.