Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Save our Looney Tunes!

Have you guys heard of Warner Bros. plans to re-invent the classic Looney Tunes characters into something called the Lunatics...dark evil-looking cartoon characters 700 years in the future?

They're kinda scary looking. Here's a pic if you haven't seen the designs yet:

There is a petition asking Warner Bros. to not 'reinvent' them. It's
    http://www.saveourlooneytunes.com. I believe since this petition has been on line that Warner Bros. has actually said they're going to redo the above characters and make them 'bit softer'. I think that they should stay the same.

If they want a cartoon to take place 700 years in the future, then they can create new characters for it.

What do YOU think?
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I think it is a horrible idea. My kids love Looney Toons as much as they love the new cartoon characters.

I cannot imagine why they feel there is a market for this type of garbage.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• șoș Tom șoș

You make it sound like if they go forward they can never go back? Whats to say it won't be a quick fun romp, further developing chracters that are easily accessible to a mainstream audience? Great example of a posistive spin similar to this was "Batman Beyond" it yielded mixed results but was mostly well accepted and just a fun lark that no one accepted as perment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

But why even 'redevelop' characters that already work and are accepted and loved by all? There's no reason to change what already works.

I can see them maybe doing this series with brand new characters that no one knows about yet, but changing the familiar faces of Taz, Wile. E. Coyote and especially Bugs and Daffy - I don't see the reasoning, not even for a little while.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    But why even 'redevelop' characters that already work and are accepted and loved by all? There's no reason to change what already works.

I can see them maybe doing this series with brand new characters that no one knows about yet, but changing the familiar faces of Taz, Wile. E. Coyote and especially Bugs and Daffy - I don't see the reasoning, not even for a little while.
    You mean like Tiny Toons or Duck Dodgers?

• Minion

This is old news, regarding the coming of the Loonatics. There's a parody at Newgrounds with lots of cursing that's freaking hilarious. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/223809
    It sorta shows that despite being all "EXTREME!!!111!!!", the new Bugs is just evil and lame.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Rock Star Minion

I don't have to watch this. I've got the classics on DVD. As soon as they can top those, I'll watch.
    Is that possible? I don't think anyone thinks so.

("You'll notice I didn't say 'Richard.'")

• Banned User

Why not have them be decendents.... then sofen them.. and it works...

heck tiny toons were genrration 2 decendents... those are like 50-100 generation decendents possible...

according to AICN, the main character's name is Buzz Bunny which has already led to some trouble for little kids who search for that on the internet. i guess theres an "adult" product with the same name...so the kids are accidentally clicking things and losing innocence...

• On Autopilot

Well I'm against the change as well. If they're trying to copy anime they might as well try to turn on a TV with a balloon.

Although the road runner looks extremely cool in my opinion and would do nicely if it were just a teensy bit modified and shown as a completely new character

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Tiny Toons was different than this in that it shows the 'regular' characters as themselves, only little and not scary.

The 'Lunatics' are a reworking or reinventing of the original Looney Tunes. And they look evil.

And yes, I am aware that this subject to some people is 'old news'. I've known about it for a while. This wasn't an announcement. I was just asking people's opinions.

• insufferable know-it-all

Okay, first of all, loved the parody link. Sadly, the character voicing is even worse in real life... I saw a clip on the Sunday Morning show back, like on Easter, I think it was, and it was deep and gravelly. You know that movie announcer who does the voiceover on, like, 75% of the movies out there? Imagine that voice with the scary bugs.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Rawr...

Why not have them be decendents.... then sofen them.. and it works...

heck tiny toons were genrration 2 decendents... those are like 50-100 generation decendents possible...
    They are supposed to be the descendants. Something like great grandchildren I think... Anywho, I've never really been a fan of Looney Tunes, and it's not like they've made any NEW Looney Tunes cartoons in 40 years, so why not welcome the "new" characters?
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    Have you guys heard of Warner Bros. plans to re-invent the classic Looney Tunes characters into something called the Lunatics...dark evil-looking cartoon characters 700 years in the future?

They're kinda scary looking. Here's a pic if you haven't seen the designs yet:

There is a petition asking Warner Bros. to not 'reinvent' them. It's
    http://www.saveourlooneytunes.com. I believe since this petition has been on line that Warner Bros. has actually said they're going to redo the above characters and make them 'bit softer'. I think that they should stay the same.

If they want a cartoon to take place 700 years in the future, then they can create new characters for it.

What do YOU think?
    Anyone remember the Star Trek 'mirror universe'? Where there were evil counterparts to all the crew members? Kinda leaves me with that feeling....and not in any sort of good way either.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Official Mice Chat person

They can go ahead and ruin their cartoon if they want. :confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast