Thread: Too much Disney

• ...or just Tonny

Question Too much Disney

Hi,

Hongking will be the 5th place in the world where Disney has a themepark later this year. After that, there are already rumours for other locations: India, Shanghai, ...

Isn't this a bit too much of a good thing? If these Disney parks keep popping up all over the world, I'm afraid they will start to feel somewhat like Sux Flags, and the "special" feeling of being at a Disney park will be replaced by the fact that one can visit a Disney park anywhere...much like McDonald's or something. What's the point then?

Any thoughts?

I believe Disney should worry more about its domestic problems first and then think about opening up a new park. The sad thing about this story is that any new park will be just like Hong Kong Disneyland, small and add nothing new.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I don't think they will ever become like McDonalds. I think they are just trying to take care of the HUGE asian fan base that Disney has. Granted, any day of the week at Disneyland, you see lots of asian tour groups, but if there was only one Disneyland, and it was overseas- we would all be hating life right now. For the most part, the overseas parks have become quality entertainment offerings with their own style and uniqueness. And Tokyo DisneySeas is regarded to be the best disney park in the world. They will only build parks where there is enough of a population to support it, so I don't see them becoming like McDonald's anytime soon.

Just my .02
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• U. B. Bold

There are six billion people in the world. Over two billion of them live in China and India. Disney has done the math.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.