Thread: The Rocketeer

• Infinitized!

Arrow The Rocketeer

How come Disney never turned this into a franchise by making one or two more sequels? It's one of my favorites along with Warren Beatty's version of Dick Tracy. I read on a few websites that sequels were planned for both movies but they never materialized. Both movies would have made interesting attractions at Disneyland and I do remember back in 1991, that one of the rides that was originally supposed to go in DCA was a ride based on Dick Tracy.

PS: I just saw The Aviator today which is set in approximately the same time period as the above mentioned movies. Pretty good movie and the experience is enhanced if you've seen or been in the real Spruce Goose! (Saw the SG when it was still in Long Beach back in 1985 - want to see it again next time I drive down to Oregon)

• Infinitized!

So, does anybody else think these two movies deserve a second chance? :confused:

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa
    How come Disney never turned this into a franchise by making one or two more sequels? It's one of my favorites along with Warren Beatty's version of Dick Tracy. I read on a few websites that sequels were planned for both movies but they never materialized. Both movies would have made interesting attractions at Disneyland and I do remember back in 1991, that one of the rides that was originally supposed to go in DCA was a ride based on Dick Tracy.

PS: I just saw The Aviator today which is set in approximately the same time period as the above mentioned movies. Pretty good movie and the experience is enhanced if you've seen or been in the real Spruce Goose! (Saw the SG when it was still in Long Beach back in 1985 - want to see it again next time I drive down to Oregon)
    I never heard that either was going to go to sequel but I thought Rocketeer did poorly in the theaters. I don't think it ever got a real good following.

As for Dick Tracy?? Who knows? Deals probably fell through and people lost interest. I liked the movie but I didn't think a sequel would have been worth it.

PS: I want to see the Aviator. Can't wait too.