Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I Hug My Tapirs

Sad Stargate SG-1 Cancelled

I know that we've got a few Stargate fans here, and this news just broke a few minutes ago...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...d_iatlan.shtml
    The future of Stargate is in question today, as SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running Stargate SG-1, Multichannel News reported today and a GateWorld source has confirmed. The news regrettably follows the airing of the show's milestone two-hundredth episode on Friday.

Stargate Atlantis, meanwhile, has been renewed for a fourth season, with the network hoping to see that the spin-off series can stand alone, according to a source.
    After the lower ratings this season, I guess I'm really not surprised... just still in shock that a show that's been on TV for ten years will be no more.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Re: Stargate SG-1 Cancelled

wow. my dad is going to be pissed off. He lovest Stargate.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Original Mice-Chatter

- my mother is going to be devastated- it's her favorite show. Though now she will understand how I felt when Skiffy axed Farscape.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

My dad was actualy not too upset. He told me that SG1 had been on for 10 years and that the show had run its course and they were really stretching for plot ideas and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• I Hug My Tapirs

That's pretty much how I feel... 10 years is a long run, a record-setter (longest running scifi series in US history). Between that and declining ratings, it was showing its age, but I'm still sad to see it go. At least there's time to try to close it nicely (shooting ends Oct 10), and not leave us with a Farscape-esque cliffhanger.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Original Mice-Chatter

yeah- Mom was surprised but said she would survive. She said it had not been the same since Richard Dean Anderson left.

-speaking of which, I want more Farscape. Time to rewatch the series.

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

That kind of sucks, to announce this only days after the 200th, and only what, 5 or 6 episodes into the season? They better think of a good way to get rid of the Ori, because they've sure taken a long time top buiold them up. Now they've got precious little time to take them down!
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Ah, the day's drama continues... looks like they're looking at other outlets for the series:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...ll_go_on.shtml
    Don't count Stargate SG-1 out just yet. Though SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running series (story), the show's producers are hard at work looking for a new outlet for the story to continue, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.

"As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed," Cooper said. "What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how."
    My money is either on a theatrical movie (which they've been wanting to do for years, and some people took a line in last week's '200' as a
    hint that it was finally going to happen) or a move to another network. I've heard rumors that Showtime is interested in getting it back.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdonnell
    That kind of sucks, to announce this only days after the 200th, and only what, 5 or 6 episodes into the season? They better think of a good way to get rid of the Ori, because they've sure taken a long time top buiold them up. Now they've got precious little time to take them down!
    What makes that even worse? They told the cast and crew just hours before the big 200th episode celebration this weekend. What a party killer!

• Married and happy again!!

I look at it this way while I loved SG-1 Ihave to except that it's over. And I can laugh that it was started based on a movie that flopped in the theaters. I will miss SG-1.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• șoș Tom șoș

I must say I would like to see the franchise continue but I am not surprised. The producers of the orginal film have begun to express interest in renewing the original trilogy so I doubt we will see a transition of SG1 to the big screen.

I don't believe the show is yet dead and lower than expected ratings are still better than previous seasons and will increase when paired with Battlestar. I'd say keep and ear to the ground I think the gate is not closed yet.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Apparently one of the SciFi execs has now said that SG-1 cast members are going to go to over to join Atlantis. Now exactly what he meant by that is still hotly-debated. Does he mean sending some of the main cast over there as regulars? Or recurring? Or is he talking about characters like Walter or Siler or someone? No one knows!

• șoș Tom șoș

Sci-Fi Wire the official news-source for the sci-fi channel has confirmed the show is cancelled. However shows in slumps like this with large fan bases have escaped much more narrow fates than this!

Also keep in mind the power fan site and an ad in variety had in restoring just one character. Imagine the entire fan base united to restore the show for even one more season.

I would believe that some of the characters would make the transition to Atlantis. I think you could see Shanks guest star on a frequent basis as well as Tapping. Judge would be a likely candidate to join the cast fulltime, as well as Claudia Black and Ben Browder. I think you can count out Beau Bridges.

• I Hug My Tapirs

I know people over at GateWorld are already starting to band together to create a fan-based movement, but it seems pretty loose so far (although the GateWorld staff has offered to allow use of the site to run an effort should any one stong leader stand up and accept the task)... simply for its hilarity, I do like the "tissue box" campaign, where they want people to send empty tissue boxes to SciFi's offices that read (in Sharpie marker) "send more."

As far as cast crossovers, I'd rather see Atlantis stand on its own feet than be supported by regular crossovers from SG-1 people. The occasional guest spot works just fine, but I think it'd be overkill to see any of them as regulars or semi-regulars.

It was cancelled.My dad was a fan and so was I.I used to watch it all the time with my dad and stargate atlantis. boohoo.I was looking for somthing I wrote in entertanment on monday or tuesday and I cant find it but I found this discussion about one of my fav tv shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast