• Senior Minion

Disney Sequels, Direct to video to be or not to be!!

Direct-TO-video 2d animated sequels stink in my book. they are not Disney Quality. I own zero, of the direct-to-video sequels,Yes that is right I refuse to buy the Lion king sequels, Aladdin sequels, AND ESPECIALLY Cinderella sequels? What happened to happily ever after? :confused:

If they are going to make a sequel at least make it with some animated DISNEY quality. (We're breeatthing , puff puff 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and rest)
    What do you think?

Yeah I'm not a big fan either... they're never very good quality... they just churn them out to make a few more bucks.

But no, I don't even bother with them.

• Banned User

they make them for bla... bla... (5 min later) and it turns out they are a figment of our imagination... they are bad.... except that one for New Groove, Thats making fun of itself i heard somewhere....

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Direct-TO-video 2d animated sequels stink in my book. they are not Disney Quality. I own zero, of the direct-to-video sequels,Yes that is right I refuse to buy the Lion king sequels, Aladdin sequels, AND ESPECIALLY Cinderella sequels? What happened to happily ever after? :confused:

If they are going to make a sequel at least make it with some animated DISNEY quality. (We're breeatthing , puff puff 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and rest)
    What do you think?
    Those are so bad but my friend has 3 little kids who LOVE them. Especially anything that has to do with a princess but those kids are 7 & under so I think that is more the target audience. Once you've seen one tho, you think to yourself "Walt is rolling in his grave".

• -Going Retro-

I wont lie I do have a couple in the mass amounts of Disney DVD's we own. I haven't watched any of the ones I own except Return to neverland I would think by now, Disney has exhausted the sequels! One can only hope they stop these so called classics and move on to bigger and better films.

I would be on cloud 9 if they went back to making those wonderful classics like Beauty and the Beast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Cinderella 2 is the lamest POS I have had the displeasure of owning. Darn it though, somehow the DVD broke. Ooops!

There is a Disney DVD even worse than Cinderella 2: Princess Stories Volume 1-how many do you think you can get away with making before people strat to riot. Ok, so there are two volumes that I know about, one of which we own. Ick.

There are four Princess Stories. Two are animated, Ariel and Jasmine, but the animation is taken directly from the Saturday morning cartoon versions. Even still, the animation looks worse than the Saturday Morning version. I don't quite understand why they would make it look so bad.

The other two stories, Belle & Cinderella, are kind of done in story book fashion; however, there is some animation, but it is soooo not consitent.

My mom is the one who bought this POS DVD for Ali. I must thank her by taking it back to her house. THat thing will not be viewed in our house ever again.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Mulan 2 is coming out this month

I agree with Mamabot Cinderella 2 was a POS!!!

But I love Toy Story 2!!!

Oh and I just bought Aladdin 2&3 for $20 at Walmart, Why???

• Where's the Big Dipper?

I'm wanting to purchase Mulan 2. I love the first one so much. Not to say it's going to be GREAT.... but I don't mind having them.
    She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

• Zapp's Minion :D

Oh and I think that there might be a Mulan 3 DVD, a little birdie told me that when I was in DL earlier this month.

• insufferable know-it-all

I don't consider Toy Story 2 to be in the same class as all the other sequels.

The rest of them... well, I'd say they're dreck, but I refuse to watch them. I don't care HOW much my future children may want to see them (if they even still sell them by the time I have kids... which they probably will). I'd sooner buy Hentai than a Disney sequel.

And anybody who knows me knows how much I'm just DYING to purchase Hentai anything

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by belleh5
    Mulan 2 is coming out this month

I agree with Mamabot Cinderella 2 was a POS!!!

But I love Toy Story 2!!!

Oh and I just bought Aladdin 2&3 for $20 at Walmart, Why???
    I like Toy story 2 as well, (which is 3d CGI?) Mainly the 2-d stuff has gone down hill.

• Metal Head

Its for the kids. They love certain characters and it gives them a little more to love. No biggie.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Cinderella 2 is the lamest POS I have had the displeasure of owning. Darn it though, somehow the DVD broke. Ooops!

There is a Disney DVD even worse than Cinderella 2: Princess Stories Volume 1-how many do you think you can get away with making before people strat to riot. Ok, so there are two volumes that I know about, one of which we own. Ick.

There are four Princess Stories. Two are animated, Ariel and Jasmine, but the animation is taken directly from the Saturday morning cartoon versions. Even still, the animation looks worse than the Saturday Morning version. I don't quite understand why they would make it look so bad.

The other two stories, Belle & Cinderella, are kind of done in story book fashion; however, there is some animation, but it is soooo not consitent. Course her kid is 3 so what does she know! LOL

My mom is the one who bought this POS DVD for Ali. I must thank her by taking it back to her house. THat thing will not be viewed in our house ever again.
    Yea, my friend got her daughter some stupid DVD about the Princesses for Christmas. It was poo poo!! But her kid loved it. Guess that's all that matters

Toy Story 2 is a perfect example of how sequels can really be good if they TRY! TS2 was originally supposed to be a straight to video deal, low production etc. like the others. But they decided to REALLY go for it... and look and how wonderful the results were!

I wish they wouldn't even bother if they aren't going to put any effort into them.