• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

The Dog Whisperer

Anyone else watch this show? I really wish I can have my dog on the show to get her well behaved. I could have applied back in either June or late May but I proscratinated and now they don't even offer it on National Geographic's website. Oh well...Maybe some day!

Re: The Dog Whisperer

I watch it too! I feel like that show is very educational. What is your dog's problem? My dog is pretty good, except that she has separation anxiety and has dug a hole through the wood siding next to the front door. Whenever I'm home she's perfect :P

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Anyone else watch this show? I really wish I can have my dog on the show to get her well behaved. I could have applied back in either June or late May but I proscratinated and now they don't even offer it on National Geographic's website. Oh well...Maybe some day!
    Two things I've gotten from that show:
    1. Walk your dog properly.
    2. The problem lies always with the owners and hardly ever with the dog.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I LOVE this show! I always tell my dog "I'm the pack leader" ! Ha! Is there a scheduled time for this show to be on? I know that it's on late at night... but I don't know the days or times.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet
    I LOVE this show! I always tell my dog "I'm the pack leader" ! Ha! Is there a scheduled time for this show to be on? I know that it's on late at night... but I don't know the days or times.
    Two words: Ti - Vo.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Two things I've gotten from that show:
    1. Walk your dog properly.
    2. The problem lies always with the owners and hardly ever with the dog.
    I've learned how to walk my dog that way too. And she does it...with me at least. Not so much with my dad.

I agree with the part about the owners being at fault. I try really hard to be good with my dog but with my parents around...forget it. My dog is soooooooo spoiled with my mom it's not even funny! My mom was gone on vacation for a week and how was my dog? Good. She ate her own food, she wouldn't whine about being in my room or anything. But now that she's back...my dog is back to her bad routine. And that's just one of her or my problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet
    According to the National Geographic Channel's website it's usually on Monday nights at 9PM. Don't know if you have satellite or cable. Sometimes it makes a difference. But it's on all the time because I have it to where my TiVo records all the episodes and I get at least 2 episodes a day on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    I've learned how to walk my dog that way too. And she does it...with me at least. Not so much with my dad.

I agree with the part about the owners being at fault. I try really hard to be good with my dog but with my parents around...forget it. My dog is soooooooo spoiled with my mom it's not even funny! My mom was gone on vacation for a week and how was my dog? Good. She ate her own food, she wouldn't whine about being in my room or anything. But now that she's back...my dog is back to her bad routine. And that's just one of her or my problems.
    That is really difficult! I had a dog when I lived with my parents and she did not behave well either. She attacked other dogs and would escape. My parents didn't really help in training our dogs well, they just thought the dog should arrive perfect or something. Now that it is my husband and me, we seem to do a pretty good job of training her.

• Minion

I've enjoyed Caesar Millan's show since the beginning of its run and agree that the owners are always at fault.

However, as I read the following article I wonder if he could've helped this dog and its owner:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4128913.html

I need to start watching this. My dog dumps the trash and refuses to walk well on a leash. The other one's fine but my boy? He can be a pain.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• no flash photography...

yes, I love the show. I don't watch it regularly, but I did catch a marathin showing one weekend. Some of those owners are pretty out there....anyway, I used some of the training techniques on my puppy and it worked. It's a good show...

• Winter in Oceanside...

LOVE Caesar! With our new rescue dog (see avatar), I keep "reminding" DH that WE are the pack leaders. Which means proper walking on the leash (he has a huge problem with that, and since he is the main dog walker, she is learning some bad habits including getting her all excited before the walks). Then there is not letting her go out the door before the pack leaders do.

Anyone go to the NGC website to sign up for text message Dog Whisperer tips?

I got one Monday, says "Setting rules will help, not hurt your dog. He or she will see you as a strong pack leader."