Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Smells like beer

The first time I watched it I didn't notice when Stewie and Brian were in bed. Stewie was sewing "DIE LOIS" into that sheet.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

i liked the part in the very begining where peter named the countless number of shows that fox has cancelled after family guy was first cancelled. and the passion scene. "hey! hey!....stop it....stop it..." anyone catch american dad? i didnt like it at all.

• Smells like beer

Some parts of "American Dad" were slow and not funny. Over all "Family Guy" dominated the night but one part of "American Dad"(that I cannot repeat here) made me laugh harder than anything else tonight.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

I've been told I do a mean Quagmire impression. I'll have to recite some lines the next time I make it to a Disneyland meet-up!
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• Greetings, Program!

In the words of that kid that was stalking Mr. Incredible....."THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!"

This episode had me on the floor. The scenes of Brian and Stewie at the Tucker home were the high points of laughter for me (Stewie's reaction to Brian's Freudian slip; Brian rubbing his butt on Tucker's rug just to tick him off).
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Socapex
    Great episode overall, yet a couple things bugged me.

1. The use of computer animation
    2. Meg/Chris could understandin what Stewie was saying.

But the whole Mel Gibson / North by Northwest thing was beyond brilliant.
    Them understanding Stewie is, as Seth says, depending on how lazy the writers are. They switch between understanding and non-understanding depending on the joke and scenario.

As for computer animation, it took me a few viewings to see it, but it only modestly annoyed me as it was only done with driving scenes where the main focus is on the characters.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• I Hug My Tapirs

Loved it! Family Guy is definitely back! The Pinocchio joke took me a minute to get it, but that had me rolling on the floor laughing.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Loved it! Family Guy is definitely back! The Pinocchio joke took me a minute to get it, but that had me rolling on the floor laughing.

Took me 2 seconds.. but i am in this shows main demographic.. Senior in High School who is male and things tooo much or too less... hehe

I missed the first 5 mins... but watched the rest.. Too good... Didn't notice the CG anywhere...

I wonder if i can find a temp copy to see it.... unless Fox plans to reshow it thursday.... The nihgt of the never ending canceling shows...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I missed it.

Oh, well...Google search, here I come!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Shubisha

It was frickin sweet

heh the pinnochio joke was funny. moment he bent over i balled up laughing and then when pinnochio went the other way my ribs hurt.

And yet that kind of thing lets you know Family Guy is back in business
    Aft torpedos, fire!!!

• Diamond In The Rough

My favourite moment was -

Lois-"Peter, there's a hooker on our bed!"

Peter-"Keep perfectly still Lois. It's vision is based on movement."

as well as the return of the greased up deaf guy. (Obscure reference for the hard-core fans or what?!)

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Reaver of Souls

Ugh. I didn't like this episode at all. I'm not a hard-core FG fan to start with, but I do watch it on Adult Swim occasionally, and it can be quite funny. This one, however, I didn't think was funny at all. I just sat there through the whole thing wondering when the good stuff was going to happen...

Not to mention, the characterizations seem to have changed a bit in their hiatus. That could either be the writing, or the actors simply being out of practice, who knows. Looks I'll be sticking to the Cartoon Network re-runs...

And how is it that something like Family Guy gets renewed, but Futurama is still gone? That's sort of like Andromeda still being on the air when Farscape got dumped...

Oh well, there's my rant for the day.
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Ugh. I didn't like this episode at all. I'm not a hard-core FG fan to start with, but I do watch it on Adult Swim occasionally, and it can be quite funny. This one, however, I didn't think was funny at all. I just sat there through the whole thing wondering when the good stuff was going to happen...

Not to mention, the characterizations seem to have changed a bit in their hiatus. That could either be the writing, or the actors simply being out of practice, who knows. Looks I'll be sticking to the Cartoon Network re-runs...

And how is it that something like Family Guy gets renewed, but Futurama is still gone? That's sort of like Andromeda still being on the air when Farscape got dumped...

Oh well, there's my rant for the day.
    Thank you, I too felt *exactly* like this poster felt. I was a major fan when the Family Guy was still on, I never missed an episode and the commercial breaks help me to breathe again after laughing so hard during the show. I have a VERY broad sense of humor and I just can't figure out what was so funny with this episode. The rapid-fire, joke-a-second humor is gone and the pacing is slowed way down. What happened to the absurd nonsense like Kool-Aid Man bursting through the wall or the sun dumping giant raisins on Peter's car? And the characterization is definitely different, even the voices sounded a tad off. The CGI detracted from the show's crude animation which obviously isn't as blatant as South Park's crudity, but computers just smooth out Family Guy too much. Quagmire and Mayor Adam West were nowhere to be seen, the episode relied a lot on previous jokes (greased-up guy and Blackie the Weatherman) and in my opinion it was just a disaster of a show. I gotta admit, I love the way people take a fall on the show, it still happens in a tenth of a second. Like the Honeymooners scene where Alice takes a spill and it happens so quickly and unexpected. I did laugh during that scene, but it was over so quickly I was waiting for the next joke which never came.

Being a loyal Family Guy viewer, I'll still tune in for the rest of the season (I do owe it that much after all), but if it remains like this episode for the rest of the season, I'm afraid Cartoon Network will have the only shows worth watching.

• Resident Science Nerd

I'm a huge family guy fanatic too, so I was excited for the new episode. I did enjoy it, but to me it is not as good as some of the classic third session episodes like Road to Europe, and Emisson Impossible. Nonetheless, there has always been a lot of variation between episodes, so I'm withholding judgement of this season until I've seen it all.

Also, about American Dad, I don't think its as bad as some people say. It is slower paced than FG, but I'm not sure thats a bad thing. I think it has some winning charecters(the alien). It will likely never live up to FG standards, but I will enjoy watching it anyways.

• Greetings, Program!

I felt the new episode was a trimphant and true-to-form-return. Laughed myself to tears.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast