Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

That is an interesting article

• I am a Pluto lover

Just wondering, would anyone go to a DLR in India? I mean, we're willing to go to Hong Kong and Paris and so forth. Who would go to India?
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Indeed this is very intresting i have to say id totatly go to india to go to a disney park

• That's Hawt

Duuuude .... Aladdin: The Ride would be PERFECT!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Hmmm... I don't think Aladdin takes place in India.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Banned User

Disneyland India? The company has now hit a new low. I think Aladin takes place in Arabia btw.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    The link you posted no longer seems to be working- a valid link to the article is here:

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=3556

And remember, Disney did not actually try to purchase any land to anyone's knowledge, they have just been looking at India as another location.

Keep in mind, 1/6th of the world's population resides in India- its not such a crazy idea!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    It'd be a good move for Disney--a lot of people and a much better climate than Hong Kong and its black rains have...Delhi has a very rainy July and August but the rest of the year is dry and hot...not bad at all. I wonder what the breakdown of the population in India is by socioeconomic status though...how many of its billion people can actually afford Disney?
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I wonder what the breakdown of the population in India is by socioeconomic status though...how many of its billion people can actually afford Disney?
    At present its a small percentage of India's population that is "middle class", but that percentage is growing quickly. And even if its only 10%, that would be 100,000,000 potential customers. I believe that could be possible by 2010.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I think it's a good idea for all the outsourced countries that are making all the Disney product (including the animation), get to finally experience Disney, if not buy the very souvenirs they're making!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Sock Puppet

Most definitely a better idea, and longer life span than Hong Kong. India will soon be a strong country, they are much more stable than China is, and most people would probably (and do) enjoy vacations in India rather than in Hong Kong. Business travelers go to china, you don't go there on vacation. Anyway, I'm not too hip on Disney having a park in an extremely oppressive, communist country like China. India is a true partner for the free world in the future. China is not. In fact, I think China will collapse, within 10 years (probably less).
    There is a fast growing middle-class in India, there is not in china. There are the very rich, and the very poor there. 98% of chinese will never set foot inside a disney park. And this is not changing much other than getting more extreme.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I think it's a good idea for all the outsourced countries that are making all the Disney product (including the animation), get to finally experience Disney, if not buy the very souvenirs they're making!
    Maybe some of us could move there and open up 7-Elevens.

My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Banned User

A Disney park in India is a HORRIBLE idea (but then HK is ridiculous too), but that @hole Eisner doesn't care about anything but stuffing as much cash in his back pocket as he can before he finally leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    Maybe some of us could move there and open up 7-Elevens.
    Please do not offer my god a peanut.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast