Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• wasting time

This was posted on March 21st at TV Shows On DVD.
    It gives some additional information about The Muppet Show: Season 1 DVD sets:
    ...After talking with several insiders about the DVD sets, some information has been collected and gathered. Please remember that until there is an official announcement from Disney, anything listed can potentially change...(but) The Muppet Show - The Complete First Season should be in stores by the end of the year.

The video is reported to be transferred from their original British (PAL) tapes,...will be unedited and will contain the UK skits. This goes to show how Disney is trying to create a collection of the episodes like never seen before.

Although at this point, the inclusion of the original season 1 opening sequence is still undetermined. Apparently there are strong arguments for including the original openings, and also powerful reasons for not including them. The answer of which it will be has flip-flopped back and forth throughout the set's production and the final outcome is not available at this time.

...Many fans wondered if these season sets would include any of the show's pilots or specials. The answer to this is yes. Disney does plan on including several of the historic Muppet Show pilots and specials.

...Many Henson employees, performers, and fans have been interviewed on film for bonus material. These include: Craig Shemin, Jerry Juhl, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Carroll Spinney, and Michael Frith - just to name a few. It is not definite how these interviews will be used, but it probably means there will be a great collection of information on these sets.

One feature that has been confirmed is trivia and other factual information. This will expose all kinds of things about the show, the characters, the skits and songs, and much more (even the die-hard Muppet Show fans will learn something). The information, facts, and trivia for the sets was provided and created with the help of Michael Dixon (webmaster of Kermitage.com), Craig Shemin, Dave Goelz and Jerry Juhl. The information was gathered and provided by people who really know the Muppet Show inside and out, and really shows the dedication of Disney to produce quality sets.

Disney has stated that they want to make the best possible sets and it seems like they are...An official announcement of the season 1 DVD features, release date, retail price, and more should be released by The Muppet Holding Company and Disney Home Entertainment later this year...

• Back home :-(

This is some news that REALLY excites me. I LOVE the Muppets... I remember watching the Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock AND MuppetBabies... I miss them all. I will be at the store the day the DVD set comes out... Yay!

• keep moving forward...

wow ... i hope this happens, i was too young to remember the original muppet show and barely remember the companys second attempt at a muppet show called "muppets tonight"
    what i do remember is muppet vision 3-D, the muppet movies, and that the show had something to do with penguins...can anyone send me a message telling me more about the original muppets because i feel like i have known about them my whole life but have hardly seen any of theyre original origins, i have mostly seen the modern stuff like muppet treasure island(mr.bimmbo ) and muppets from space.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    ahhh i can see it now... the pies, the hecklers, the penguins... yay!
    Don't forget the chickens!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

•   
    • Minion

I remember the Jim Henson Company trying desperately to update the muppet show by presenting "Muppet Television"...

It failed miserably I think partly due to the lack of Kermit and the rest of the gang...

I remember it, because it was the first time I ever saw Woopie Goldberg's Surfer Chick routine... (Yes it was that long ago... in the Stand Up age of Woopie...)

Something to think about...
    Check out my other blog:

• Greetings, Program!

Didn't an attempted revival (Muppets Tonight) fail miserably?

Oh well, maybe third time will be the charm. The original 70's Muppet Show had something special. They need to get the creators and writers of that one back.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000

Oh well, maybe third time will be the charm. The original 70's Muppet Show had something special. They need to get the creators and writers of that one back.
    I agree! Or someone with a soft spot towards the characters would do.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Didn't I just say that?

The TV format didn't really work too well... There was something about the nostalga of a "vaudvillian" style presentation that I found charming... But a little bit beyond our experiance...

I still think Statler and Waldorf version of "On the Balcony" would be funny...

Movies.com tested this online... I thought it was funny...

But I think that is sort of what you would have to do, use the muppets to appeal to all ages... And it will work it's magic with children... I think that is why Kermit worked...
    Check out my other blog:

• I was deleted.

Muppet news update! Read the article here. What does this mean for Disney and what do you think about everything new?

• Aw....man !

I desperately want this to succeed...I truly do. I love these characters and want them to endure.
    However, I'm not sure if they've made up their minds what to do with them...the Wizard of Oz movie seemed to try and make them 'hip and edgy', but the merchandise remains retro themed.
    What I loved about the Muppets when Jim was alive was his ability to balance the appeal to a large audience, adults and kids alike. Not everything worked, but when it did it was wonderful.
    Here's hoping for the best...I'm keeping the faith that Disney will find that balance.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

• ºoº Tom ºoº

If Eisner's vision (perish the thought of Eisner having vision) of Kermit digging his way to an iconic level someday, can we expect more attractions based on the Muppets? Perhaps a 5th gate concept for Florida or a 3rd gate here in Anaheim? Smaller, comedy based themepark modeled on the backlot Henson studio's concept as seen on the muppets home page!

I am very excited because I see Henson productions and the Muppets as a very large influence for my sense of humor, my education and my morality. Seaseme Street, Muppet Babies, Fragile Rock and all of the Muppet productions provided fun education that did not talk down to children and I think its sorely missing in modern children's entertainment at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12