Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Exclamation It’s time for the Muppets to light the lights again - Discussion

"It’s time for the Muppets to light the lights again"
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...589952,00.html

According to this article a new, prime-time slot Muppets Show is in the pre-production stages. Celebrities will again join the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Online
    First, though, comes the global release of The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz, a feature film with Quentin Tarantino as himself and the R&B singer Ashanti as Dorothy. The Miss Piggy puppet is used for all four witches and the Kermit puppet, which was accompanied to the New York premiere on Wednesday by Robert De Niro, is the Scarecrow.
    The Muppets Holding Company, a subsidiary of Disney, said that it planned to “develop new content in all arenas, including television, feature films, music, stage plays and theme parks, and to enhance the Muppets’ global licensing and distribution presence”.
    Multimedia is the stragety to market these characters.
    "Mobile phone wallpaper and ringtones will be launched in Britain next month. The Muppets’ website will be relaunched and “Miss Piggy” will write a Sow in the City weblog."
    The original The Muppet Show had 120 episodes that were broadcast between 1976 and 1981 in 100 countries. How do you feel about this? Is Disney making too much of the Muppets or are they simply re-introducing them to a new generation? Could this be tastefully done or does it just scream disaster?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    This is fantastic news. I hope this show is slated for a US audience. Perhaps the Disney Company really is going to breath new life into the Muppets!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    This is fantastic news. I hope this show is slated for a US audience. Perhaps the Disney Company really is going to breath new life into the Muppets!

-Dusty
    That's what I'm hoping for too. Personally I always loved watching Muppet Babies. The complete first seaons is rumored to be on DVD in the US fall of this year according to ultimatedisney.com. So hopefully this will all link itself together?

• Rawr...

MMmmmmm......... Muppet Show! I cant wait to see it! That is, if it gets finalized. Note to self: Time to revert to muppet-geekey-ness.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    OOOO! This is something I desperately miss from my childhood! I own several of the Time-Life DVD's and it is always a great thing to pop in. I think this would be wonderful for TV audiences. The "Nick and Jessica" variety shows on ABC have proven to be very popular, so I definitely think something like this will do well, as long as it is done in the spirit of the original.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• keep moving forward...

ahhh i can see it now... the pies, the hecklers, the penguins... yay!

• Former Epcot CM

I read in The Sun (British tabloid) the other day that the new show would be on British screens before the end of the year. YAY
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I miss the muppet show

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I am VERY excited about this news. I also saw where they have released a 20th ann. DVD of Fraggle Rock...MAN I love that show!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Really? Truly??? I loved the Muppet Show as a kid. I can't wait to have them back!!

• wasting time

I can confirm that the first season of The Muppet Show will be coming to DVD this fall (as well as the first season of Fraggle Rock). From what I've heard the big debate over the first season set is the original introduction.

The first season had a completely different opening sequence and song.

I hope this will be on the first season set, even if only as a bonus feature (like the original animated opening sequence of I Love Lucy on those DVD season sets)

The Muppets Wonderful Wizard Of Oz soundtrack will be released on Tuesday May 17th and a DVD will be released on Tuesday August 9th.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    Way too cool news!

I had a discussion the other day with a friend of mine on the re-introduction of The Muppets to today's CGI generation. The Muppets were created in a time when computer generated characters were not remotely possible. Puppetry was used as a way to give life to creatures that didn't look like some guy in a costume or that didn't mix 2D animation with live action. You could see the wires used to operate Kermit's arms but your brain suspended disbelief and you ignored them, buying into the illusion of a living character. Todays kids, though, are used to the now polished look of fully dimensional beings interacting with live actors and anything else imaginable. Will today's generation buy into Kermit and friends rougher less polished puppetry look, or will they find it boring "cuz you can see the strings,it aint real!!!"?

Can Disney make The Muppets a new and exciting property? I want them to I REALLY DO!!! The Muppets ROCK!!! But will todays X-Box generation have the patience for it, much less the imagination? We will see.

• Senior Minion

Bring back the Muppets!!! That would be gigantic!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I sure hope this is successful... and I'd HATE to see the muppets become CGI creatures in the same way that the company is currently trying to ruin Mickey and friends. But with what they've recently done to their own animation department this could be scary news.

It breaks my heart to hear kids today so quickly put off older programming simply because they've become desensitized to anything that doesn't move at the pace of a mindless MTV video, or have an explosion every thirty seconds.

The current and future generations need to learn the simple beauty and craftsmanship required for real "art".

Bring back the felt!

• insufferable know-it-all

I hope this will be the old muppet show format, not that ill-concieved arsenio-wannabe thing they tried.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast