Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• madaboutdisney

Re: First came Spears and Clinton- no we get Suri Poop

Thats a huge poop!

This obsession with Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and their daughter is just sick sick sick.
    um yeah, i agree! I wonder what they're going to make a bronze sculpture of next?
    I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Question Re: First came Spears and Clinton- no we get Suri Poop

That's just freakin' disgusting. Tom Cruise makes my stomach turn. Long live Brooke Shields!

You know what I think is so bizarre about Tom Cruise? He is supposedly sterile. HE CAN'T HAVE KIDS. He was married to Mimi Rodgers...and they couldn't conceive....they divorced, she remarried and got pregnant.

He married Nicole Kidman and supposedly can't conceive...so they adopt....which is wonderful. But then she is rumored to be pregnant.....so he divorces her because clearly she's had an affair because he's 'sterile'.

Now, he get's Katie Holmes pregnant!?!?!?!? Hello? Isn't he sterile? So I have two questions.....if he's not sterile, then Nicole Kidman, if pregnant, was in fact more than likely carrying Tom's kid during their last days of marriage.....but if he IS sterile and Nicole was NOT pregnant then who is the father of Katie Holmes' child?

Any ideas?!?!?!?! I think we ought to have Oprah Winfrey re-interview him and ask him these pressing questions.....will he jump up on the sofa again or will he punch Oprah in the mouth?

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    Um, Daniel Edwards, the artist who created the nude bust of Hillary Clinton, the sculpture of Britney Spears giving birth on a bear rug, and the commemorative "first poop" casting of Suri Cruise, is playing into the public's obsession for celebrity minutiae.

Thing is, this guy is becoming a noted artist, who clearly enjoys blurring the line between celebrity info-tainment and serious art. Not only does he create a piece of art that goes right into the category of TMI, he also creates something you might believe the celebrity in question would commission. Admit it, you actually thought "Crazy Tom" had his daughter's poop bronzed.

The auction benefits the March of Dimes. Right now, the bidding is at $110.00, and will close on Thursday night. For a relatively low price, you could be the proud owner of an early work by someone who's likely to become recognized as an important artist.

The OP included a link to Fox News, a fine source of incomplete and slanted reporting. For a more complete look at the artist and his other works, try the Capla Kesting Fine Art website.

My OP contained that link because that is where I found it- the misunderstanding in regards to reading the article and understanding that this was the artists decision to make a poop sculpture ,and not Cruise's choice, lies with the people here- not with the report on the link.

You own bias is showing too.
    Last edited by Nephythys; 09-05-2006 at 01:01 PM.

• xmanmom

Um, Daniel Edwards, the artist who created the nude bust of Hillary Clinton, the sculpture of Britney Spears giving birth on a bear rug, and the commemorative "first poop" casting of Suri Cruise, is playing into the public's obsession for celebrity minutiae.

Thing is, this guy is becoming a noted artist, who clearly enjoys blurring the line between celebrity info-tainment and serious art. Not only does he create a piece of art that goes right into the category of TMI, he also creates something you might believe the celebrity in question would commission. Admit it, you actually thought "Crazy Tom" had his daughter's poop bronzed.

The auction benefits the March of Dimes. Right now, the bidding is at $110.00, and will close on Thursday night. For a relatively low price, you could be the proud owner of an early work by someone who's likely to become recognized as an important artist.

The OP included a link to Fox News, a fine source of incomplete and slanted reporting. For a more complete look at the artist and his other works, try the Capla Kesting Fine Art website.
    So this artist is making a social commentary on celebrity obsession? I hope that is true because, otherwise, his work creeps me out to no end. If he is making fun of those who worship the cult of celebrity then he is fairly genius, but that is not the way it has been portrayed in the media in the past. I remember reading articles about the Brittney Spears sculpture as if he was seriously honoring the birth of her son. That was just disturbing. It will make me feel a lot better if I know that he is being satirical.

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo View Post
    It will make me feel a lot better if I know that he is being satirical.
    Well, that's part of the deal with satire. When its done well, you don't necessarily know its being done at all. Makes you get out your thinking cap and do a little research.

And Nephythys, it is my hope and dream and overarching goal in life for my "bias" to be showing every hour I'm on this earth.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

And Nephythys, it is my hope and dream and overarching goal in life for my "bias" to be showing every hour I'm on this earth.
    Well, it's good to have goals!!!

• I'm your huckleberry.

For a relatively low price, you could be the proud owner of an early work by someone who's likely to become recognized as an important artist.
    But it would still be a sculpture of poop.

'Cmon, did anyone REALLY believe this story? If Cruise and Holmes are being so secretive about pictures of their child, why would they okay an artist to release a bronzed sculpture of the kid's poop?

Critical thinking here folks... it'll save you a lot of disgust in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• xmanmom

Well, that's part of the deal with satire. When its done well, you don't necessarily know its being done at all. Makes you get out your thinking cap and do a little research.
    True, but then again, ever see a Mel Brooks movie?

• Parmageddon Jim

Good Mel Brooks has elements of satire (Springtime for Hitler, anyone?), but Mel, for the most part, deals in broad comedy. Parody (James Whale movies, westerns, space operas) is a different fish than satire.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

It looks like the same sculpture in front of Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, Ca.

• Super saucy pixie!

Anyone seen the pics of Suri? Interesting looking baby. Looks quite like Tom.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    That's just freakin' disgusting. Tom Cruise makes my stomach turn. Long live Brooke Shields!

You know what I think is so bizarre about Tom Cruise? He is supposedly sterile. HE CAN'T HAVE KIDS. He was married to Mimi Rodgers...and they couldn't conceive....they divorced, she remarried and got pregnant.

He married Nicole Kidman and supposedly can't conceive...so they adopt....which is wonderful. But then she is rumored to be pregnant.....so he divorces her because clearly she's had an affair because he's 'sterile'.

Now, he get's Katie Holmes pregnant!?!?!?!? Hello? Isn't he sterile? So I have two questions.....if he's not sterile, then Nicole Kidman, if pregnant, was in fact more than likely carrying Tom's kid during their last days of marriage.....but if he IS sterile and Nicole was NOT pregnant then who is the father of Katie Holmes' child?

Any ideas?!?!?!?! I think we ought to have Oprah Winfrey re-interview him and ask him these pressing questions.....will he jump up on the sofa again or will he punch Oprah in the mouth?
    Hey, your right, why did they not have kids with tom? and adopt? yeah, now I am wondering to!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Yah that can't be real!!!!! If they did that it would just be too gross to comprehend.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    Anyone seen the pics of Suri? Interesting looking baby. Looks quite like Tom.
    Wait where did you see pics?
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• The Unknown Princess

Pics of TomKat's Baby Suri

and no - no poop there.

But I have to say, she looks a lot older...maybe its the hair....
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast