• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Scholastic Distances Itself From ABC's "The Path To 911" - The Moderate Voice, 9/7/06

The Moderate Voice, 9/7/06
    Scholastic Distances Itself From ABC's "The Path To 911"

Scholastic, the long-respected kids' publishing company, has decided to pass on linking up on its website with ABC's highly controversial "The Path To 911" docudrama and encouraging schools to use the movie as part of classroom study. It's website announces:
    Scholastic, the global children’s publishing, education and media company, today announced that it is removing from its website the materials originally created for classroom use in conjunction with the ABC Television Network docudrama, “The Path to 9/ll,” scheduled to air on the ABC Television Network on September 10 and 11, 2006. A new classroom discussion guide for high school students is being created and will focus more specifically on media literacy, critical thinking, and historical background.
    Full Story: Scholastic Distances Itself From ABC's "The Path To 911"

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Scholastic Distances Itself From ABC's "The Path To 911" - The Moderate Voice, 9/7/06

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Scholastic Distances Itself From ABC's "The Path To 911" - The Moderate Voice, 9/7/06

Sounds like the Teachers Union, a strong Democratic Ally, has gotten involved....

Amazing, nobody has even seen the final version......
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Sounds like the Teachers Union, a strong Democratic Ally, has gotten involved....

Something clearly leaked out. There are very specific scenes that are being objected to. Disney's out will always be that it wasn't the "completed version."

• Professional Chocoholic

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

Incorrect. Over 900 right-wing media outlets and pundits, like Rush Limbaugh, HAVE seen the final version. Minor last-minute edits are being made, now that some pretty heavy hitters in BOTH parties have complained, but the conservatives are being reassured that, and I quote: "The message of the Clinton Admin failures remains fully intact." If one were to actually read the 9/11 Commission Report that this mess is supposedly based on, then one would know this statement is a complete lie and a slanderous smear.

There is a reason that Congresspeople from BOTH sides of the aisle, scholars, 9/11 Commission members, 9/11 families, several FBI agents asked to work on the film as consultants, historians, notable politicians from Bill Bennett to Madeline Albright and over 210,000 signees of an internet petition in just the past 3 days alone have said this is a flawed, inaccurate, twisted, slanderous depiction of what actually happened.

I am VERY disappointed at what Disney/ABC is attempting to do here, just before the midterm elections. I am embarassed for the 9/11 families who have to live with this tragedy every day just to have it turned into a political football. I am angry that a right-wing evangelican Christian organization with the stated purpose of "taking over Hollywood" has paid $40 million to produce this lie-filled, racial steriotypical, slanderous film.

I am heartsick, I am disgusted, I am ashamed at what this formerly great company is attempting to do -- the swiftboating of the biggest American tragedy in our lifetimes.

Shame on Disney. SHAME.