Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• e komo mai

DMB on the cover of Rolling Stone this month! WooHoo!

• Banned User

I can totally relate to getting through tough times with a little help from Dave. Heís helped pull me through a lot of difficult situations. The combination of thought provoking lyrics and free, nebulous jams always helped me drift off to safer, better places.

Of course, when I'm celebrating I turn to Dave too. I can't think of a better "good times" song than Stay. I even sat myself down and worked out all the sax lines, which I guess makes me somewhat of an Łber-dork, but what the heck. When something touches you like that, ya can't help but get a little involved.

When I spent a summer living in France Iíd put on my phones and listen to Under the Table nonstop. To this day I canít hear Jimi Thing and not see the French countryside rolling along through the window or think of my best friend and I sharing what were our first cigars together on a balcony in St. Malo. Something about DMBís music just sticks with certain parts of me and my life, and wonít let go. Thatís damn good music.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I first liked the band when Under the Table came out, but wasn't obsessed, same with the Crash album, then my freshman year of college, my roommate played Live at Red Rocks for me, and I was hooked for life. so for me, hearing all of the live shows I have, I'm off and on into the whole tape trading thing, it just brings back happy memories of then and of course hearing the shows I've been to over and over again.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Space Mountain Expert

Isn't it crazy that most of us on this thread have stated how Dave and his music has gotten us through good and bad times in our lives. I think that's a tribute to just how amazing DMB is. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but ain't it sweet that we all have Dave to thank for changing/shaping our lives in some way or another?!
    Personally, Crush, Jimi Thing and #41 are my songs. They each have special meaning to me and always will.
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12