• DISNEY FREAK

MIchael Ovitz vs Michael Eisner!

Just finished watching an excellent story; on the discharge of Ovitz. Ovitz best friend Eisner-supposibly, fired him after fourteen months. Ovitz gave testiomy on how mistreated he was, and how his close friend that was like a brother, could turn his back on him. I felt bad for Ovitz. Even though he was paid 140 million for his resignation, ovitz seemed so distraught over the whole situation. I guess when it comes to business, you are on your own. These type of scenarios make me reflect on how good the company was once runned. I wish Disney could go back on family pleasing, instead of family dealing $$$$$!!

• Metal Head

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDRUE
    Just finished watching an excellent story; on the discharge of Ovitz. Ovitz best friend Eisner-supposibly, fired him after fourteen months. Ovitz gave testiomy on how mistreated he was, and how his close friend that was like a brother, could turn his back on him. I felt bad for Ovitz. Even though he was paid 140 million for his resignation, ovitz seemed so distraught over the whole situation. I guess when it comes to business, you are on your own. These type of scenarios make me reflect on how good the company was once runned. I wish Disney could go back on family pleasing, instead of family dealing $$$$$!!
    I dont feel bad for Ovitz he was over his head. Anyway did you see him in court he was being a buffoon
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Rock Star Minion

What amazes me is that he can still pretend to be hurt after all these years and dollars.

• Pirate Princess

I watched that same story and I think there are interesting points on both sides. On the surface you feel sorry for Ovitz, and yes he was in over his head.

What I think is important here is this supposed brotherly friendship that existed for YEARS. If Eisner knew the guy so well, he should have known what kind of businessman Ovitz was (in the film industry) and been aware of whether or not Ovitz could handle the position. Leaves me wondering if Eisner deliberately appointed Ovitz knowing he wouldn't be able to handle it, and Eisner could act as puppeteer.

Food for thought.