View Poll Results: Will you buy this latest DVD re-re-release?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO/ LUCAS MUST STOP RE-RELEASING & SELL ULTIMATE BOX SET OF ALL 6 FILMS AND THEN SOME

8 61.54%
  • YES/ I'M THE BIGGEST STAR WARS FAN EVER

3 23.08%
  • DON'T KNOW/MAYBE

2 15.38%

• ...TWO BITS!

Ready for another Star Wars re-re-release on DVD??

I'm sure most of you already know by now the enhanced versions of the original triology are coming out tomorrow. BUT the unaltered versions of them are on the second disc and considered the "bonus feature". And that's about it. I don't really look into surround sound systems tech, there's 1 commentary for each movie. Really no actual bonus features. You can read more on amazon.com. I WAS gonna get this tomorrow, but now I think I'll wait. Best Buy has a collectible metal case for the set BUT only 20 in each store. Target has original concept art mini-poster for each. And Circuit city has collectible lithographs. Plus episode 1-3 for $10 each.

SO, are you going to buy another copy, wait for probably another box set next year, etc??

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Earth Intruder

Re: Ready for another Star Wars re-re-release on DVD??

Nope. I've said it before, but I don't want to give any more money to that talentless greedy hack George Lucas.

Especially when they're releasing the original trilogy in an UNREMASTERED, low quality edition. I assume a few years down the road they'll re-release the original trilogy, remastered, and then charge everyone another $60 if they want THAT version. Feh.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    I've said it before, but I don't want to give any more money to that talentless greedy hack George Lucas....
    Dont even get me started.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Shablagoo!

I'm waiting as well. I want a box set that has all the special editions as well as remastered version orgininal theatrical version of the original trilogy. Lost the masters my butt. Lucas is lying.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm waiting for the remastered original trilogy.

I still have this version on VHS if I ever want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Nope. I've said it before, but I don't want to give any more money to that talentless greedy hack George Lucas.

Especially when they're releasing the original trilogy in an UNREMASTERED, low quality edition. I assume a few years down the road they'll re-release the original trilogy, remastered, and then charge everyone another $60 if they want THAT version. Feh.
    It has been stated that Lucas does not really care for the original theatrical versions which is why he made the changes, thus the REMASTERED editions and would never release the originals. Of course things change and there was the demand for the original versions and so here they are; untouched. Not what we really wanted, so there will most likely be another release which will have been cleaned up and the sound improved. In fact I have aready heard talk of another release on a Star Wars board.

I love Star Wars and have since the first time I saw the movies but I do not want to buy another copy of something I already have simply because it is something new. I have known people that seem to lose their lives in Star Wars. I can wait to see what is coming next.

For what it's worth, I went to WalMart to pick up the movies bundled w/ the WalMart "exclusive" comic books, and the comics are very well put together. (Some were wondering if they were the "mini" comic books, but they are full size comics with nice shiny cardstock covers.)

While I wish Lucas wasn't such a jerk about the original theatrical release versions of the movies, I was glad to have these, as I haven't been able the old VHS non-SE movies for awhile.

• Minion

I'm waiting for the big fat ultimate take your life away with countless details box set.

Which won't be released in my lifetime at this rate...