• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Ticket price wars continue with new Universal multiday pass (Orlando) - OBJ - 9/12/06

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlan...1/daily17.html

Universal Orlando has launched a new seven-day ticket that it is promoting as being less expensive than a one-day, multipark Disney admission ticket.

The new pricing strategy follows Walt Disney World's unexpected single-day admission price increase in mid-August, followed a week later by Universal Orlando matching the $67 price for a one-day, one-park ticket.

With multiple parks -- two at Universal and four at Walt Disney World -- tickets good for only one park in the same day have become less popular than those good for multipark visits.

The new Universal tickets -- EarlyBird Exclusives -- must be purchased in advance and can be bought online at several sites as well as at AAA or travel agency locations, The $85 plus tax adult ticket is good for seven consecutive days beginning with the first day's visit.

Disney's one-day ticket with the Park Hopper option sells for $112, plus tax. The seven-day Disney Park Hopper, the closest option to the EarlyBird which is good for any seven days within 14 days of first visit, sells for $248, plus tax.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Ticket price wars continue with new Universal multiday pass (Orlando) - OBJ - 9/12/06

That's a REALLY good deal ... if you don't have kids.

They were having a deal to buy 2 days and get 3 free for $100. And if you bought an adult ticket you got the kids ticket for free. I don't see it on the site anymore.

So now it's going to cost us an ADDITIONAL $140 for USF.

That sucks. We should have gotten our tickets earlier, but we had no idea they were going to do this.

Blog Entries

Re: Ticket price wars continue with new Universal multiday pass (Orlando) - OBJ - 9/12/06

Is the $85 one a hopper? I would assume so, but thought I would check. We have gotten the Buy 2 Days, Get 3 Free deal both times we went. I guess this will work out better for us.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is a link to the Universal Studios website...

http://www.universalorlando.com/promo_unlimited.html

LESS THAN THE PRICE OF A DISNEY 1-DAY TICKET
    WITH PARK HOPPER® OPTION!

For a limited time, you can get unlimited admission* for up to a week to both Universal Studios Florida AND Universal's Islands of Adventure theme parks for only $85.00 plus tax for all ages.

That's less than the price of a Walt Disney World® 1-Day Park Hopper® Ticket!

This special ticket gives you the following benefits:

• Unlimited park-to-park access to both Universal Studios Florida AND Islands of Adventure for up to seven (7) consecutive days.
    • All-club access to the live entertainment†† at Universal CityWalk

This is an exclusive early purchase ticket offer for park admission only and is not available at the front gate.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Silly Bird?

Universal must really be hurting for attendance numbers.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded