Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: The Disney Dreams Giveaway Offical Rules - The 15 months of 1.25 Million Dreams

Based on the reading of the rules, they will hand out prizes based on attendance, so some days will have less than others. The rules state that a minimum of 1,551 prizes will be rewarded daily, and on average 2,741 prizes will be handed out daily (456 days, 1,250,000 prizes).

Anyways, I am not sure a Dream FASTPASS will do much good on many slow days. For example, today (Sunday), there are only 5 Disneyland attractions offering FP's, and just 2 FP attractions at DCA (Based on the TIMES Guide that lists which FP's are open and closed, many attractions only offer FP's on peak days). And the rules state the Dream FASTPASS only works once per attraction (no repeat visits to the same attraction).

Of course, you could always use your ticket to get a "real" FASTPASS to go a second time.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: The Disney Dreams Giveaway Offical Rules - The 15 months of 1.25 Million Dreams

A better indication of the prize split, if you look at the amount of Dream FASTPASSes handed out, WDW has 345,035, and the DLR has 156,300.

So that makes Anaheim equal to about 31.12% of the attendance at the US Disney Parks, and WDW 68.88%, which is about equal to splitting the major prizes into thirds.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is a breakdown of the Walt Disney World percentages of the main prizes (I am combining similar prizes). This covers over 99% of the prizes, there are less than 1,000 of the remaining mid to high level of prizes to be handed out.

42% - 345,035 Assorted WDW Parks DREAM FASTPASS Badges ARV, $5

34% - 278,789 Pin and Lanyard Sets ARV, $23

21% - 170,000 Dream Mouse Ears ARV, $12

3% - 28,600 Special Park After Hour event, ARV around $4 to $5 (depending on park)

(Rounding makes the percentages off).

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is one more breakdown, one that looks at the value of the prizes, I am going to list the prizes as either High Value, Mid Value or Low Value

High Value (Worth more than $5,000)

60 prizes, or .0048% of the prize pool (Approximately one in every 1.25 million guests (or mail in postcards) will win a high level prize) Total ARV, $914,233

Mid Value (Worth between $160 and $587)

1186 prizes, or .095% of the prize pool (Approximately one in every 63,238 guests (or mail in postcards) will win a mid level prize) Total ARV, $509,375

Low Value (Worth less than $25)

1,248,754 prizes, or 99.9% of the prize pool (Approximately one in every 60 guests (or mail in postcards) will win a low level prize) Total ARV, $15,988,869

Note the the 1 in 60 (or other number) is based on one guest visiting the park for one day, or for one postcard mailed in, if you visit the parks (or Downtown Disney more often) and/or send in more postcards, your odds will improve.

For example, let's use me as an example, I plan to send in a postcard each postal day, which will equal 457 visits to the park (as the will take the prior 6 days of postcards for the Sunday and Postal Holiday draws), then add in about 143 visits to the parks during the contest hours (being in the park prior to 5 PM; the earlier you get to the park, the better chance you have to win).

So even with spending around $120 in postage and labels, plus the costs of going to the park (most of which I already planned for, as I go to the parks to take photos, etc...) here are my odds.... 1 in 2,084 of winning a High level prize, 1 in 105 of winning a Mid level prize, and I should win about 10 Low level Prizes. So that is about as good as you can get.

And lets look at an average AP holder that visits once a week (65 visits in the 15 month period) and doesn't mail in any postcards... 1 in 19,231 of winning a High level prize, 1 in 973 of winning a Mid level Prize and should win one Low level Prize.

Now, let's look at someone who comes on vacation, and buys a 5 day ParkHopper..... 1 in 250,000 of winning a High level prize, 1 in 12,648 of winning a Mid level prize, and 1 in 12 of winning a Low level Prize.

Let's take that Vacationing family, and presume it is a family of 4, the odds of someone in the family winning are 1 in 62,500 of a High level prize, 1 in 3,162 of a Mid level prize and 1 in 3 of winning a Low level prize.

And finally, someone who opts to mail in the postcard on a daily basis... 1 in 2,735 of winning a High level prize, 1 in 139 of winning a Mid level prize and should win 7 or 8 Low level Prizes (Calculations are 7.6 prizes).

This is based on attendance figures of those in the parks and Downtown Disney (Anaheim and Orlando) from Opening to 5 PM, and the amount of Mail In Postcards equalling 75 million during the 15 month contest period. (Which is based on prior attendance figures released by Amusement Business and Economic Research Associates).
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 09-18-2006 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Adding total ARV

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Came across this....

http://adestinations.disney.go.com/media/disneyparks/en_US/html/giveawayDetails.html

Where over a million dreams will come true…one at a time.

We invite you to come live out Disney dreams like never before during The Year of a Million Dreams, a first-of-its-kind event, celebrating your dreams and the dream-making magic Disney Cast Members create for our guests every day at the Disneyland® Resort in Southern California and the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. An exciting part of this incredible celebration is also the Disney Dreams Giveaway* promotion where over a million extra-special dreams, some thought impossible, will be randomly awarded. A Cast Member might tap you on the shoulder and announce that you’ve been invited as a special guest of the princess herself to enjoy a stay that night in the all new Cinderella Castle Suite — in the heart of the Magic Kingdom® Park. You may receive a DREAM FASTPASS badge to enjoy some of the most popular Disney attractions with little or no wait. Or a Cast Member might even let you know you’ve been selected to win a Grand Marshal World Tour trip to Disney Parks around the globe.

This is truly the time to live your Disney dream like never before.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 – December 31, 2007 (mail in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on 3x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Castle Suite stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007. It will likely be awarded early in the day for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida. DREAM FASTPASS badge is only awarded at certain theme parks for use that day. Mail-in winners of Castle Suite stay and DREAM FASTPASS badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes advertised: Castle Suite stay US $587, DREAM FASTPASS badge US $5, Grand Marshal World Tour US $45,370. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to Official Rules. Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.
    Lets have some fun, and re-write this to more reflect the actual giveaway.....

Where over a million dreams will come true

(Well, we are giving away 1.25 million prizes, but most of them are trinkets, not dreams....)

...one at a time

(Well, we are giving away most of the prizes in batches, not one at a time, but this sounds better)

We invite you to come live out Disney dreams like never before during The Year of a Million Dreams

(Well, actually 15 months, but we couldn't count a year with the 50th Anniversary),

a first-of-its-kind event

(Well, ignore the prior Gift Giver promotions we have done),

celebrating your dreams and the dream-making magic Disney Cast Members create for our guests every day at the Disneyland® Resort in Southern California and the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida.

An exciting part of this incredible celebration is also the Disney Dreams Giveaway* promotion where over a million extra-special dreams, some thought impossible, will be randomly awarded.

(Getting a free pair of Mickey Ears, or a Pin Lanyard... what Dreams are made of, and make sure you show up early, as we don't give away dreams after 5 PM)

it sounds interesting....

but then again i'm easily amused and would actually like the photos, fast pass lanyard, ears, and pin lanyard. that, and i'm going with my hubby and one of our friends for our late anniversary trip and my hubby's 25th b-day. (going around new year's)

as long as i have fun, i don't care if i win anything. but if anyone in my group wins something, it's mine!!! =P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12