Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Re: Jericho!

Wait? Chris Jericho? Or is this a show i have never heard of?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

New show on CBS...

JERICHO is a drama about what happens when a nuclear mushroom cloud suddenly appears on the horizon, plunging the residents of a small, peaceful Kansas town into chaos, leaving them completely isolated and wondering if they're the only Americans left alive. Fear of the unknown propels Jericho into social, psychological and physical mayhem when all communication and power is shut down. The town starts to come apart at the seams as terror, anger and confusion bring out the very worst in some residents. Jake Green (Skeet Ulrich), prodigal son of the town's mayor, becomes a reluctant hero when a school bus crashes as a result of the explosion. Mayor Johnston Green (Gerald McRaney) is conflicted with the return of his estranged son, but is called to action when the town begins to riot. Johnston's wife, Gail (Pamela Reed), is the strong, savvy first lady of the town who runs interference between her husband and her favorite son. Attempting to usurp the mayor's power is Johnston's political adversary, Gray Anderson (Michael Gaston), who is not above putting his personal agenda before the welfare of the very community he wants to lead.

Though the cloud appears in the distance, it affects all the residents in Jericho, including Dale Turner (Erik Knudsen), the 16-year-old trailer park kid everybody picks on, who finds himself in a position that could change his status; Robert Hawkins (Lennie James), a mysterious stranger who seems to be a jack-of-all-trades as he steps in to help restore order; Heather Lisinski (Sprague Grayden), a pretty young schoolteacher on the bus with her students returning from a class trip when the glare from the explosion causes a terrible accident; Emily Sullivan (Ashley Scott), Jake's high school sweetheart who lives outside of town and innocently goes about her business unaware of the catastrophe, Bonnie Richmond (Shoshannah Stern), a pretty 17-year-old who is hearing impaired; and Bonnie's older brother Stanley (Brad Beyer), Jake's best friend from childhood and an avid car lover who works on the family farm. In this time of crisis, as sensible people become paranoid, personal agendas take over and well-kept secrets threaten to be revealed, some people will find an inner strength they never knew they had, and the most unlikely heroes will emerge.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-22-2006 at 05:10 PM. Reason: lot of text, computer freaked when i tried to edit it
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Still lost in Neverland

I watched it (what I could see of it anyway) and I liked it. The acting was ok, the story has just enough mystery in it to keep you guessing. I will stick with it to see how it goes.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

This sounds interesting. I'll have to see it!

• My laughing place

I was suprised..it actually looks pretty good. I will have to see how it goes.
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• Sailing Away

The plot was kind of frightening. I thought the whole Atlanta issue was a nice twist. It doesn't look like a bad series so far.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Well, that episode was a mess!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Banned User

i think it would have made a great mini series maybe like a two parter but as a tv series with 22 episodes, not sure how they will pull it off. I saw the first one and it was just too depressing and overacted. you would think by the end of the pilot they would have figured out that if denver and atlanta were attacked then all the major cities in the us would have been. so that means basically the entire east coast would be gone and chicago st louis, kansas city and probably most of the west coast as well.the picture it painted was that small town midamerica is pretty stupid and I didn't like that.

• Circle of Ancients

We had the first two episodes on DVR ... we realized after looking at our TV viewing that we watch too many shows already (and LOST hasn't started yet). So we deleted them.

I've already had to cut out Supernatural since there is too much other stuff on Thursday nights now.

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    i think it would have made a great mini series maybe like a two parter but as a tv series with 22 episodes, not sure how they will pull it off. I saw the first one and it was just too depressing and overacted. you would think by the end of the pilot they would have figured out that if denver and atlanta were attacked then all the major cities in the us would have been. so that means basically the entire east coast would be gone and chicago st louis, kansas city and probably most of the west coast as well.
    I think they getting to that..it maybe one or two more episodes before the extent of the attack is dealt with.
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Yeah... i'm still wishty washy on it. I guess we'll see how this week's ep goes...
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Yeah... i'm still wishty washy on it. I guess we'll see how this week's ep goes...
    God I love this show!!!!!!! They keep adding twist that really make you wonder what's going on. Like is that dude who's supposedly a cop from St. Louis really a cop and what the heck is he cementing behind a wall and wont let his family mingle with the other townsfolk. How come there was NO early warning of a nuclear attack? Was it terrorists and if so how did they get nukes into the United States and pull off an attack so huge? What happened to those on that airliner that landed safetly on the highway south of Jericho? Why was Ulrich Skeet's character away from Jericho for 5 years?
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It sounds like a badly-written Stephen King novel. Like The Stand on crack or something.

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    God I love this show!!!!!!! They keep adding twist that really make you wonder what's going on. Like is that dude who's supposedly a cop from St. Louis really a cop and what the heck is he cementing behind a wall and wont let his family mingle with the other townsfolk. How come there was NO early warning of a nuclear attack? Was it terrorists and if so how did they get nukes into the United States and pull off an attack so huge? What happened to those on that airliner that landed safetly on the highway south of Jericho? Why was Ulrich Skeet's character away from Jericho for 5 years?
    EXACTLY!!!

I am loving Jericho! It's got enough twists to me interested....

they are not a stupid group of midwesterners...they are very much aware that Denver and Atlanta have been hit (?) so they have already figured out that it's a massive problem, but have made a concious decission not to over react until they have facts....a feat that is very hard for some members of the community...

and yeah, what's with the St Louis Cop???? and the wall, and the map with all the pins,

and the Tanks...remember the tanks?

etc. etc. etc....

I love this show....
    procrastibating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast