I only saw Brother Bear last week and only watched it because my daughter insisted and we did see the cute live show in DCA a few months back. I was impressed. Nice animation, nice (ok) music, good tension and dramatic moments.....
The two Moose, well, being Canadxian and growing up with Bob and Doug Mackenzie.... I loved that.
Brother Bear part 2 --- what were they thinking!!!!
1. How many First Nations People's were totally offended that they characterized the Shaman as a wierd old witch who sounded like Whoopi Goldberg on a bender! Totally stereotypical afroamerican slang in a character that was center to a tribe. What was wrong with just bringing back the first Shaman. How Strange.
2. Is Phil Collins on Speeddial -- we need him now. The music in this show was hideous. I can hear the people in the soundroom" Ok, like just throw the chords together...ok... ok... slower....ok....like now say anything at all that comes to mind about nature. Maybe some rocks and stuff. If we need it, I'll put in some more cowbell."
3. The two dumb and somewhat entierly useless characters of the two sisters were horrible. First I thought, "Why do these women who are First Nations look so Jewish? Seriously -- check it out! They should have been animating Fiddler On The Roof! Second, why are they so dumb. Insultingly dumb. And the allusions to the Fairies in Sleeping Beauty was not cleaver but rather it looked like they ran out of ideas.
4. Did someone forget that these people were First Nations? Why does the lead woman change from Pocohantis to Yoko Ono? Again... just watch it....
5. Why does every single person in the tribe forget that he is the brother, the bear I mean... The Brother Bear. Why is no one paying attention that EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SHE WAS ENGAGED TO A MAN WHO BECAME A BEAR..... oh hell, this one is so obvious it hurts to type it.
Put this one back in the vault, hurry.