Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Twilight Zone Fans?

So who are the other Twilight Zone fans out there in MiceChat Land?

Re: Twilight Zone Fans?

I am a fan!! All the way, But the old ones are still more classic in my opinion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I watched some episodes recently, rode Tower of Terror for the first time recently at DCA, and now I am starting to get back into the Twilight Zone.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

I used my DVR a few weeks ago to record some of my favorites. Fortunately, I had some friends over for dinner 3 weeks ago and they brought their children and another rugrat. Including my two, the kids totalled 6 over the age of 6. One mentioned not being afraid of anything so I played the "Talking Tina" episode. Bad idea. My kids slept with me and DW in our bed and the other parents had similar results.
    Long story yes, but I am a Twilight Zone fan.

• We're number one!

I love watching the Twilight Zone. I love when the show marathons of it on Sci-Fi channel. Sometimes if I'm up late I watch the re-runs they show at 1am.

• Rock Star Minion

We discussed this around, um, 4th-July?
    Love the TZ classic. Haven't gotten around to buying the DVD's yet. I also liked many of the episodes of the middle 1980's TZ series. (Some of the scarier ones.)

I believe I watched the whole syndicated series at Noon on KTLA over a few summers in the early 1980's.

Anywho, the Sci-Fi channel occasionally shows unedited ones in their marathons, and those are the ones I like to watch these days. They contain the TV promo that Rod did before the show, as well as the "Next week, we'll visit with..." promos.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

omg i was just thinking of starting a tz thread! you must have seen that tot thread the other day. anyway i am a huge fan (not of the new version though...crap)! My dad watched it when he was a kid and that slowly got me into it...then my friend who collects dvds started buying each season and now her, another, and I have tz marathons laughing at how funny it is and getting scared too! i think they are timeless and sometimes are very intelligent...though sometimes a bit silly and sometimes just plain scary...that gremlin!!! i love the tot only because it is related to tz...otherwise it makes me feel sick...i just love the special effects!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    We discussed this around, um, 4th-July?
    Love the TZ classic. Haven't gotten around to buying the DVD's yet. I also liked many of the episodes of the middle 1980's TZ series. (Some of the scarier ones.)

I believe I watched the whole syndicated series at Noon on KTLA over a few summers in the early 1980's.

Anywho, the Sci-Fi channel occasionally shows unedited ones in their marathons, and those are the ones I like to watch these days. They contain the TV promo that Rod did before the show, as well as the "Next week, we'll visit with..." promos.
    they always have marathons around the fourth of july...not sure why though but that weekend its all day long!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I enjoyed last nights episodes a lot.

• Functional & Decorative

My copy of The Twilight Zone Companion book is basically falling apart from constant research and re-readings.

You could say I'm a fan.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

What is that book about Jester? Does it describe all the episodes? Or does it talk about the background of the Twilight Zone?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I enjoyed last nights episodes a lot.
    If I recall correctly:
    1. There was the one where the guy wanted to hear loud noises, but he ends up spoiler! spoiler! spoiler!
    2. I don't remember, though I didn't watch any of them (just checked the listings before Conan started recording on the TiVo). And then, spoiler! spoiler! spoiler!
    3. "Walking Distance" is one of the great time travel episodes, where the protagonist goers back in time to his hometown and then spoiler! spoiler! spoiler!

My brother has that book, and yes, it's in bad shape. He went through and wrote his own rating for each one. the book also goes into some detail about teh writers and producers, as well as the special-effects makeup guy, William (?) Tuttle.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by belleariel412 View Post
    they always have marathons around the fourth of july...not sure why though but that weekend its all day long!
    KTLA (in LA) used to have the TZ marathons on 4-July. They were a big hit. when Sci-Fi took over, it kept up the tradition.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    If I recall correctly:
    1. There was the one where the guy wanted to hear loud noises, but he ends up spoiler! spoiler! spoiler!
    2. I don't remember, though I didn't watch any of them (just checked the listings before Conan started recording on the TiVo). And then, spoiler! spoiler! spoiler!
    3. "Walking Distance" is one of the great time travel episodes, where the protagonist goers back in time to his hometown and then spoiler! spoiler! spoiler!

My brother has that book, and yes, it's in bad shape. He went through and wrote his own rating for each one. the book also goes into some detail about teh writers and producers, as well as the special-effects makeup guy, William (?) Tuttle.
    I only watched the last few minutes of the episode with the man who likes loud noises. But after that was the episode of a former Hollywood actress who wished to relive her past in the films she starred in.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I only watched the last few minutes of the episode with the man who likes loud noises. But after that was the episode of a former Hollywood actress who wished to relive her past in the films she starred in.
    That's right: Ida Lupino's acting episode. (She also directed one.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast