Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Iron Man

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Iron Man

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    LOL. I actually didn't think HULK was all that bad. Just really long and a bit of a bore. But there are a lot of elements in it that I DID like. But I agree... the Nick Nolte stuff was insanely bizarre. I did like it enough to get the DVD free with proofs of purchase from nabisco.

Can't say that I picked up DVD for punisher, fantastic four 2, ghost rider, spider-man 3, or x-men 3. Though I was waiting for X-Men 3 to get the special edition treatment.
    I agree, there was alot in the Hulk I did like.

Too funny about what DVD's you didn't buy. I don't have any of those either, and still waiting for the X3 Special Edition myself.

• Minion

I will probably end up seeing The Incredible Hulk in theatres, but I really wish the CGI was better. The Hulk looks extremely fake. Could they not afford ILM?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

"The Incredible Hulk" looks fake? Hmmm odd.

ILM created the Hulk for Ang Lee, looks like they're going another way here.

Two Vancouver visual effects (VFX) studios are involved in a pair of movies expected to be among this summer's blockbusters. The Embassy, a small 20-employee studio known for its television commercials, has produced 60 shots for Iron Man, which opens May 2. Image Engine, a 60-employee studio which established itself in the genre by working on Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, X2 and I, Robot, is completing 70 shots for the Incredible Hulk, due out June 13.
    Neither film was shot in Vancouver. Iron Man, which stars Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, was filmed in Los Angeles, and the Incredible Hulk, with Edward Norton, Tim Roth and Liv Tyler, was shot mostly in Toronto.
    Kurt Williams, visual effects supervisor and co-producer of the Incredible Hulk, contracted Image Engine to work on the film in October 2006. Most of the shots are being done by Los Angeles-based Rhythm & Hues, with Image Engine, Toronto's Soho Vfx, and Los Angeles's Hydraulics doing the rest.

Shawn Walsh, Image Engine's visual effects executive producer, said his company had people at the live shoot in Toronto and in Rio de Janiero.
    Some of the work can be intense. Walsh says the most complex series of shots is something called the Blood Drop Sequence, in which a drop of infected blood falls through three floors of a factory and lands in a bottle. "That shot has been in production here for more than a year," says Walsh.
    http://www.internapse.com/marvel/news.php?id=1151
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Saw it this morning. It was sick which means I'll go see it again.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I will probably end up seeing The Incredible Hulk in theatres, but I really wish the CGI was better. The Hulk looks extremely fake. Could they not afford ILM?

AliasD beat me to it. It does look incredibly fake and it's because ILM's not on board.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Marvel Comics plans more superhero films, plus an 'Iron Man' sequel

Updated 50m ago

Paramount Pictures
    Robert Downey Jr. has expressed interest in putting the
    Iron Man suit on again for a 2010 sequel;
    Gwyneth Paltrow has already signed up for two more installments.

By Scott Bowles
    USA TODAY
    May 5, 2008

Fresh off Iron Man's imposing performance at the box office, Marvel Studios announced four new comic-book movies Monday, including an Avengers movie that will team Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor.

The new movies will include:

•Iron Man 2, reprising the tale of the man in metal, will be released April 30, 2010.

Thor, based on the popular Norse warrior, is scheduled for release June 4, 2010.

The First Avenger: Captain America is due out May 6, 2011.

The Avengers, the story of the crime fighting team, is slated for July 2011.

Ant-Man, about a biochemist who can control insects, is in development with no release date slated.

That is in addition to The Incredible Hulk, starring Edward Norton and due in theaters June 13.

No casting decisions were made at the announcement, made before Marvel stockholders Monday, though Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr. has said he's interested in reprising his role and co-star Gwyneth Paltrow has said she is signed on for two more installments.

The news came a day after Iron Man took in $100.8 million for the weekend, the second highest opening for a movie that was not a sequel.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...terstitialskip
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    BTW I had the chance to see it yesterday w/ a few friends. One of which is a senior Paramount publicist who told me that they'll be going after a Best Actor nomination for Robert Downey Jr. with a campaign modeled on Disney's for Johnny Depp's original turn as "Captain Jack Sparrow."
    Does 'Iron Man' deserve an Oscar?

May 5, 2008, 06:00 AM
    by Ken Tucker
    Entertainment Weekly

I went to see Iron Man this weekend, and liked it a lot more than I expected. One big reason? It didn't have just laughs and comic-geek thrills, but real, first-rate, non-F/X… acting! When Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark, pulls Gwyneth Paltrow’s Pepper Potts out onto the dancefloor for a little dipping and cooing, the rom-com byplay is superb.

Which made me connect a few movie-industry dots. Hey, remember the whining about the last Oscar telecast, with its low-wattage star vehicles and lower ratings, and all the hand-wringing the media, including EW, did over how to improve the Oscars? Here’s a thought. Hey, Hollywood and the Motion Picture Academy: Take a closer squint at the big summer movies. Take them, ahem, seriously. As far as I’m concerned, Downey’s performance should go on any short list that anyone draws up of potential Oscar nominees.

Oh, and another thought. Iron Man at my multiplex was preceded by a trailer for The Dark Knight. And if Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker is as good as these clips suggest — and my brain starts popping every time I see his deliriously committed, smeared-makeup personification of pure, nut-job Evilness — then we’ve got a potential Best Supporting Actor nominee that will be much more than just a sentimental gesture to a cherished, departed actor.

Iron Man and The Dark Knight as Oscar-worthy — think about it… seriously.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008...man-oscar.html

I knew they would quickly move on with Iron Man 2. I believe all the stars even signed on for a three-picture deal, so we'll have this franchise for a good amount of time.

• Circle of Ancients

If the Oscars want to keep their Traditions for "Dramatic Movies" intact, but also need to get bigger ratings, they should just add categories for Comedy and Action movies.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Its annoying to think that such stellar performances in movies that arent considered "Oscarish" are being overlooked just because it happens to be a comic book movie, or action movie, or a sci fi movie. Hey Johnny Depp got the nod for being a pirate, let Robert get one for being a superhero
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Disneyland PAP

^ This reminds me of Patrick Stewart ignored by the Emmys for Star Trek: The Next Generation and Josh Whedon for writing on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

• Infinitized!

I saw it tonight. Loved it. Great movie, lots of fun. I just hope they hold off a little on the concept that was presented at the end. Give us a couple more movies before they approach that idea.

• Infinitized!

Marvel sees gold and green, announces 'Iron Man 2'

Updated Mon. May. 5 2008 2:47 PM ET
    CTV.ca News Staff

This weekend was just the beginning of Hollywood's Iron age.

Marvel Studios announced Monday it will release "Iron Man 2" on April 30, 2010, following the success of the first in the comic-book franchise, which pulled in $104.2 million domestically since opening last Thursday and $201 million worldwide.

Four other films based on Marvel superheroes also were announced: "Thor," due out June 4, 2010; "The First Avenger: Captain America," May 6, 2011; "The Avengers," July 2011; and "Ant-Man," which is in development but has no release date.

Marvel also has "The Incredible Hulk," starring Edward Norton, coming out this June 13 from Universal Studios.

Just as Downey's character, Tony Stark, makes an appearance in next month's "The Incredible Hulk," the Hulk could turn up in "Iron Man 2," Marvel Studios Chairman David Maisel said during a conference call to discuss the company's earnings. And "The Avengers" consists of a rotating roster of Marvel heroes -- including original members Iron Man, the Hulk, Ant-Man and Thor -- that could see the return of virtually any of the franchise's characters.

"In controlling our destiny, we can control where the characters are and we can have our movies connect and be in the same universe," Maisel said.

"Iron Man" was the first film financed by Marvel, which previously licensed its superheroes to Hollywood studios for such hits as the "Spider-Man," "X-men" and "Fantastic Four" flicks.

Seeking more creative control and a bigger cut of the receipts, Marvel plans to make future films itself and hire studios to distribute them for a fee.

Starring Robert Downey Jr. as a billionaire weapons designer who builds himself a high-tech metal suit to fight bad guys, "Iron Man" exceeded box-office expectations, coming in second only to the first "Spider-Man" for debuts among non-sequels.
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...=Entertainment

• Minion

I'm probably just going to echo what many of you are already saying but holy crap Iron Man was awesome!

Easily the best Superhero movie ever IMO.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

We saw it last night, enjoying the smaller crowd of a weekday evening. Now, I have two questions:

1.) I heard that Bruce Banner makes a cameo. Where? I didn't see him. Or was it just rumor?

2.) We had to leave immediately at the end of the movie. But a large portion was watching the credits. Was there something at the end of credits worthwhile that I missed?

Figured I'd come to some people 'in the know!'

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast