Thread: Iron Man

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Iron Man

Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man!

Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News
    September 28, 2006

Ain't It Cool News reports that Robert Downey Jr. has been cast to play Iron Man for director Jon Favreau at Marvel Studios! The movie will be distributed by Paramount Pictures on May 2, 2008.

Based upon Marvel's iconic Super Hero, the film will follow billionaire weapons-manufacturer, Tony Stark (Downey Jr.), who confronts the sins of his past after he is injured by one of his own weapons. Equipped with a high-tech suit of armor, he becomes Iron Man to combat evil on a global scale.

Arthur Marcum and Matt Holloway wrote the film's screenplay.

]http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16718

Marvel suits up Jon Favreau for 'Iron Man'
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ht=jon+favreau
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Shablagoo!

Re: Iron Man

I saw that too. I don't hate or love it. I'll wait till I see some shots of him in character.

• decorating

duh duh duh dada dadadada dadadada da duh duh

What will they do when they run out of comic books?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea View Post
    duh duh duh dada dadadada dadadada da duh duh

Make movies about those guys on "Who Wants to be a Super Hero"
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea View Post
    Given that they have really only been doing comicbook movies for a few years they have plenty of great stories to adapt.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Is he live or dead, has he thougths in his head....

Sorry. Wrong Iron Man... Back to my Black Sabbath...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Happy Memories

I think this is excellent news. For starters, Downey Jr. is an amazing actor. One of my favorites when he's on top of his game. Secondly, it's nice to see the filmakers casting based on acting ability rather than big name star power. I'm rather excited to see how it turns out.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

True, he's an excellent actor and an inspired choice. Marvel deserves kudos for a brave move, the insurance bond is probably even more nailbiting and dramamtic than the film's script. Here's more story:

Downey in 'Iron' mask for Marvel

By Borys Kit and Sheigh Crabtree
    The Hollywood Reporter
    September 29, 2006

Robert Downey Jr. is suiting up to star in "Iron Man," the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment. Jon Favreau is directing the movie, which will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Downey will portray Tony Stark, a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Using his intelligence and ingenuity, Stark instead builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. Upon his return to the U.S., he uncovers a plot with global implications and must don his armor and protect the world.

The comic debuted in the 1960s, and Iron Man's origin involved Stark being a prisoner of the Viet Cong.

The movie version, written by Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and Mark Fergus & Hawk Ostby, will be set in today's geopolitical climate.

Marvel president of production Kevin Feige said the filmmakers looked for the best actor to embody the character.

"The Marvel characters are not just about how high they jump or how fast they fly, they're about their character flaws," Feige said. "They're about their inner demons. They're about the struggles that they go through between being a man and being a hero."

Downey worked hard to get the role, getting in shape and even growing a goatee like the one Stark sports in the comic books.

"In every casting announcement we've done, people in their mind's eye have their own view of it and let us know about it. We're used to it," Feige said. "The point is, we looked at everybody, and we found the best person for the role. It's as confident a casting move as we've ever done. The proof will be in the pudding, but he is Tony Stark."

The $100 million-plus-budgeted movie will be produced by Feige and Avi Arad. Executive producers are Michael Helfant, Ari Arad, Louis D'Esposito, Peter Billingsley and Favreau.

Marvel is now casting all supporting roles. Filming is slated to begin in February in Los Angeles.

Downey, who was nominated for an Oscar for "Chaplin," next stars in "Fur" opposite Nicole Kidman and David Fincher's "Zodiac" opposite Jake Gyllenhaal. He is repped by CAA.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1003188559
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Married and happy again!!

With The sole exeptions of X-Men and Spiderman tell me what other great super Hero movies has Marvel managed to get right? Lets go back to the 80's anyone remember that stinker of a movie Captain America move forward how about Roger Corman's Fantastic Four? So bad and under budget it was to never see the light of day (with the exceptions of the underground copies that make thier rounds at comicons everywhere). How about She Hulk staring Bridget Nelson? What's that you say you don't remember that one? I'm not surprised it was killed much the same way Rogers FF movie was and for much the same reasons why. Moveing on The Hulk god what a bomb. Or Punisher an nother fab movie right? Oh wait let's go on to that wonderful Ben Affleck movie Daredevil. I only wish that this one had been killed before it was released. But hey it was good enough (I guess thoughs are the words I'll use and be nice) For that horrible Electra movie to be made. Now there's one assasin that should have been assasinated before seeing the light of day. Oh I know the FF movie that managed to be released don't even get me started on that one. All I'll say is all special effect and no good storyline to go with it. Now is thier any hope for Nick Cage's Ghost Rider? I'm not holding my breath. What about the suposed Power Fist Movie? Time will tell. So forgive me If I don't jump for joy over this anounced Iron Man flick and it's star. The Only other positive movie from the Marvel world I have seen has been Blade they where 3 very good movies (the first being the best though). To me it seems as Marvel just has no idea how to bring thier books to life on the big screen. I will give Iron Man a chance though cause next to Spidey and the X-Men Iron Man is a favorite of mine.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Marvel Adds Iron Man and Hulk to Facility

Source: Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
    October 4, 2006

Marvel Entertainment, Inc. announced today that it has completed the amendments required to enable the funding of its Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk feature film projects through its $525 million non-recourse debt facility. The films, which are being produced by the company's Marvel Studios subsidiary, were not included in the initial film financing facility but have now been added on the same terms.

Iron Man will be distributed by Paramount Pictures and is scheduled for release on May 2, 2008, and The Incredible Hulk will be distributed by Universal Studios and is planned for release in 2008. Borrowings under the film facility are non-recourse to Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliates.
    http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16806

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Robert Downey Jr. Talks Iron Man

Source: Edward Douglas
    November 7, 2006
    comingsoon.net

"The suit for 'Iron Man' is so complex and does so much stuff that except for once or twice or from the chest up, I'm not required to do all that much," Downey Jr. told us when asked if he'd been fitted for the armor yet. "What I will do is a lot of motion capture so that the movement isn't just some random stunt guy. A lot of time I look at CGI and I'm like 'What's the reference for this? This looks like a cartoon reference not a person." So I said I want to do all the motion capture work, which is like eight months after finishing shooting, but as much as it as I can do, I will."

"I went after it like a greyhound after a rabbit," he said when asked whether Favreau approached him or whether he went after the part. "I loved Marvel and 'Iron Man' to me is the goods. To tell you the God's honest truth, I'd thrown them all away for Sgt. Rock, because I really grew up on Hogan's Heroes, Sgt. Rock. I'm still addicted to the History Channel and the Military Channel is my thing, but Tony's the best because I could never be Sgt. Rock. He's a little bigger and more butch and has a cigar, I don't see it. Tony's a perfect fit for me, and if I was ever going to do this type of thing, I thought, you know, like early '40's. Great, because when you hang up your 'macho hat' and start directing or doing other stuff, it's not an embarrassment to be doing this in your late '40s still if we wind up doing three of them."

He also said that there would be some major casting announcements soon including Tony Stark's secretary Pepper Potts and one other, but he couldn't let the cat out of the bag despite being excited about the chance to work with the actors.

Iron Man is scheduled for May 2, 2008
    http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=17404
    Last edited by ALIASd; 11-07-2006 at 08:08 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

But... what about Steel Man? And Silver Man? And Copper Man? And... Gold Man?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    But... what about Steel Man? And Silver Man? And Copper Man? And... Gold Man?
    I believe the Goldman's have an opening on May 4th, 2008

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

ummmm I hate when they make too many of one type of movives (Super Hero Movies) I reeally dotn think Iron man is that big.....But It could be good or it could just be another Hulk Movie.
    But GhostRider and Spierman 3 look good.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Official site is up:
    http://www.ironmanmovie.com/

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast