Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• keep moving forward...

haunted mansion movie- honest opinions

welcome foolish mortals

i personally loved how they did this movie and how they added so much of the attraction into the movie that it was almost like it answerred some unknown quetions about the ride, now the ride has so much more depth to it and i wish pirates had more tie ins to the ride (but im glad they showed the dog in the jail sequence)
    i really thoght this movie was awesome, not to mention i jumped a couple of times (i dont see scary movies awesome so when i saw this i was freaked about how scary it was) but i think they did an honorable job converting the ride into movie form

what are your thoghts?

• Newbie.

Just please no Eddie Murphy overlays in the attraction.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Official MC Thread Killer

I LOVED the movie!! I thought it was very creative, and the tie-ins and connections with the ride were fun to spot out. I really liked it
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Banned User

meh. Not a good movie. And Eddie Murphy was in it.

• Waiting for the stork

I liked the ride tie in's
    that's it, I really did not like the movie.....
    procrastibating

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    I liked the movie...didn't love it, just liked it. Still, I bought it on DVD mostly because HM is my favorite attraction.

I'm not a big Eddie Murphy fan (didn't like him in Mulan, either), and I thought Jennifer Tilly wasn't the best choice (not old enough, not creepy enough).

But it was a good movie. I think a sequel (or prequel) might be fun. Just no Eddie or Jennifer, please.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• behind the curtain

I know that my opinion is probably in the minority, but I love this movie; especially the "prologue" part that plays over the opening credits. It has a couple of plot holes, but somehow I don't mind. It's a great homage to my favorite attraction.

• He's a tramp...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreamer
    I know that my opinion is probably in the minority, but I love this movie; especially the "prologue" part that plays over the opening credits. It has a couple of plot holes, but somehow I don't mind. It's a great homage to my favorite attraction.
    The Prologue is my favorite part of the movie. The music during this sequence is excellent. I enjoyed the movie as a whole because I'm such a HM fan but I thought that they could have taken the movie in an entirely different direction that would have satisfied HM fans and non-fans alike...
    Do you remember your imagination?
    When Neverland was your destination.
    Your magical adventure isn't over yet,
    Just hold on tight and don't forget...

-Remember When, Theme of Disneyland's 50th

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I think it is cute movie. No masterpiece- just cute, fun, entertaining. My 3 yr old loves it. When he says he wants to watch the "scary movie" I know exactly what he is talking about.

My mom told me that when the HM first opened that the story was much more obvious during the ride. But I didn't ask details about it. Does anyone else remember the ride way back when and if that is true?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Minion

I thought the art direction on the film was first rate. Too bad it wasn't a better film.

• Circle of Ancients

Lightbulb The Haunted Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    My mom told me that when the HM first opened that the story was much more obvious during the ride. But I didn't ask details about it. Does anyone else remember the ride way back when and if that is true?
    The ride really hasn't changed much over the years. The Haunted Mansion wasn't a ride to be driven on plot, but rather to show off several frightening (and funny) scenes and illusions that make up their own stories, so to speak. There was never really a story behind the Mansion. That came along over the years as castmembers passed down the stories of the bride in the attic. Much of the focus of Master Gracey, whose portrait hangs in WDW's foyer and now (replacing April-December) in the hallway of changing portraits at DL, came from WDW castmembers. So there really never was a storyline in the Mansion ever, and it has changed very little since its opening day in 1969.

As for the film version, I liked the art direction, the score (WHY DIDNT IT COME OUT ON CD!), and the ride references. The plot was "interesting". There were so many other possibilities for a film based on the Mansion, but the ride references are what makes it worth watching.

• keep moving forward...

interesting theroy

• Minion

I liked it, except the horrible end credits with Nelly in it. Some of the DVD-rom features were good.

• Banned User

Such an awful movie and a disappointment. Plus, why oh why did they have to use Eddie Murphy?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

ehhh.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast