Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape" 12/4

New Gwen Stefani album confirmed

It's coming out this year

Gwen Stefani has confirmed the release date of her new album.

The follow up to 2004's 'Love Angel Music Baby' is set to appear on December 4.

Although the title has not yet been announced, various fan websites are speculating that it will be called 'Sweet Escape'.

As previously reported, the singer has again teamed up with Pharrell Williams, Akon, Swizz Beatz and No Doubt bassist Tony Kanal.

She told MTV News: "There's a lot of songs that were left over from the last album, and there's some new songs I did with Pharrell. There's a lot of Pharrell on this record. I did some stuff with Tony and some stuff with Akon."

Possible tracks which may appear on the album, include 'Fluorescent Lights', 'Candyland', 'Wind It Up', 'Breaking Up' and 'Orange County Girl'.
    http://www.nme.com/news/gwen-stefani/24591
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Re: Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape" 12/4

I cant wait for the new stuff. But we need a new NO DOUBT album...i guess we'll have to wait until next year for that. By the way wind it up and orange county girl are really good!
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• Circle of Ancients

I'll pass. There were like 3 good songs on her first album.

And I agree ... NEW NO DOUBT please!!!

• Why do you keep talking?

but more new "old" No Doubt please (I know it won't happen, but one can wish upon a star... yeah that fills my disney dork quota for the week...)

haven't heard all of the first one, and no doubt (get it!?! HAHAAAAAaaa...*cough*) this one will be the same.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Banned User

Look forward to it. Loved the first one.

Why am I disappointed to hear Pharrell is a big part of this? I mean, I like the guy, I like his musical style... Hmm it's strange.

Eh, either way, I'm looking forward to it. Although, like most of you, I'd rather see a new No Doubt album.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Stefani to release live concert DVD

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 6 (UPI) -- No Doubt frontwoman Gwen Stefani is working on a new album and is awaiting the release of a live DVD of a full concert performance.

The singer's Web site talks about "The Harajuku Lovers Live" DVD, which will feature a concert last year during which Stefani performed in her hometown of Anaheim, Calif. The DVD will also feature bonus footage. The DVD is to be released this year.

As for her new album, Stefani said she is hoping to have that out too by the end of the year, according to her Web site.
    http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...6-112110-5531r
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• oh bugger

We get another tour next year?
    "Keep checking gwenstefani.com for the latest album info, appearances and details on Gwen¹s 2007 word tour set to begin in April and cover North America, Europe, Asia and Australia."

Also, Tim Rice-Oxley (of Keane) was another one of her collaborators, thats pretty sweet.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Sweet. I heard her perform Orange County Girl when she performed at the Hollywood Bowl last year. I'll be sure to pick up the new CD and the live DVD when they come out. I too, await a new No Doubt CD but I also like Gwen's solo stuff, very different from No Doubt.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Gwen Stefani: Hard to Lose Baby Weight

MONDAY OCTOBER 23, 2006
    03:35PM EST
    By Brian Orloff
    PEOPLE

Gwen Stefani
    Photo by: Rena Durham - KPA / ZUMA

Five months after the birth of her son Kingston, Gwen Stefani managed to drop her pregnancy weight through a combination of healthy diet and exercise.

"Let's just talk about how hard it's been," Stefani told Ryan Seacrest during an interview Monday on his radio show on L.A.'s 102.7 KIIS FM. The singer called in to premiere her latest single, "Wind It Up."

"That's been really hard," she said of losing the weight. "But it's almost gone." Stefani said she's still nursing and that her exercise regimen includes jogging regularly.

"I've just been eating healthy," she said, adding, "I cheat every day at least once."

Stefani also said she's planning to shoot the cover art for her latest album, due out Dec. 5, and then head out on tour in April – with Kingston in tow.

"I'm excited to go out there and have the baby on the outside," said Stefani, who announced her pregnancy during her last tour. Of Kingston, Stefani said: "He's the greatest thing in the world. There was no transition. It was just like, 'Where were you?' "

Stefani – who designs her own clothing line, L.A.M.B. – told Seacrest (after his admission that he admires Kingston's faux-hawk) that she enjoys dressing up her son.

"He finally has enough hair to do something with it," she said. "I was trying to give him some cooler looks."

Stefani's new album – the follow-up to 2004's Love. Angel. Music. Baby. – is tentatively titled The Sweet Escape.

Her single "Wind It Up" features a sample of the song "The Lonely Goatherd" – complete with Julie Andrews yodel – from The Sound Of Music. "It was a dream of mine to put The Sound of Music to a beat, because it's my favorite movie," said Stefani, adding that she cried when she first heard her rendition.

Other songs set to make the album include "Yummy" and "Orange County Girl," a track that Stefani – who hails from Anaheim, in Orange County, Calif. – explains is "about me."
    http://people.aol.com/people/article...549607,00.html

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Here's another new song from Gwen's upcoming CD. Click on the music notes in the site to hear "Yummy".

http://perezhilton.com/topics/listen...9.php#comments

I like it...

• Circle of Ancients

Can't wait to get it!

I saw her perform on the American Music Awards. She sang "winded up". I love that song.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The album has already leaked. I downloaded it a couple days ago.

Being a big No Doubt fan, I cant help that I'm disappointed by Gwen solo. LAMB was a decent effort, had about 4-5 decent songs. I only like 3 songs off the new album. "The Sweet Escape," "Early Winter," and "Wonderful Life" are the only songs I can listen to and actually like.

Oh well. Hopefully No Doubt will regroup after Gwen tours.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sea Creature

When I first heard wind it up, I thought it was utter crap. I hated the sound and everything. Three days later, I bought it and couldn't stop listening to it. There is just something about this woman.

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

wind up is good, i like the sound of music sample hehe, and i like steffani with her lil bit of meat on her bones...i think shes a very creative and special artist...no doubts last album i didnt like...bring back the SKA/Punk plz no more fake punk
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast